Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs, Strut Braces Anti Roll Bars 2.0Gli Estate

Harichs Gaahl Kriegdeblitz

Looking to lower my Carina E estate, fit some anti-roll bars and some strut braces to make it feel less like a boat and more nippy and planted. It's the 2.0GLi version and I was wondering if anyone else has done anything like this. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

I've seen jeffrosie's thread on his turbo Carina E, and it seems that certain Celica parts are compatible with the Carina. So, would I be able to "bolt-on" some suspension parts from a broken Celica onto my wagon?

If you know of any car breakers or where I can get the parts cheap that'll be greatly appreciated as I am on a budget!

41 views and no replies? Come on guuuuuuuuuuys! Help me out :(!

Hi

You might be right about some Celica parts fitting, as the ST202 is based on the Carina/Corona chassis

For a front wheel drive you would need a thicker rear sway bar.

Strut braces front and rear will also help.

But the best thing you can do for handling is to install coilovers. This stops almost all body roll, but they are very hard and bumpy. I would keep to a higher profile tyre

• 3 months later...

Looks like very few people actually modify Carina's.

Don't know if the std celica rear ARB is any thicker than a Carina one.

I've got lowering springs on Celica Gas shocks which are better than the oil shocks fittes to Carina's. Body roll is almost non existant.

Not fitted any strut braces as copuld not find any. If you really want them, you will probably have to go custom.

And where abouts in Surrey are you?

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links