Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Privacy Glass

RelaxedDrive

Looking at the Yaris Hybrid T4, does anyone know if the rear privacy glass is optional? The T3 doesn't have it, but the T4 has the nicer spec!

I can't see the benefit of reducing rear vision myself!

Standard from the B pillar rearwards on T4 & T Spirit - fairly dark tint compared to my last car but it does provide, as its title, "privacy".

I can't see the benefit of reducing rear vision myself!

Must admit it comes in handy for keeping the rear of the car cool, so especially helpfull if you have kids in the back, doesn't really affect visibility.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just taken delivery of a Yaris T3 hybrid. Wanted the T Spirit or even the T4 but can't have them without the privacy glass. I absolutely HATE the look of privacy glass, so had to settle for the T3..So far slightly disappointed with mpg. Will run it in more and see if it improves. Used mainly for short journeys so don't tell me it's no good if I do big miles.

..So far slightly disappointed with mpg. Will run it in more and see if it improves. Used mainly for short journeys so don't tell me it's no good if I do big miles.

I use my hybrid for my daily 38 mile each way commute and it is one of the most economical on the fuelly website.The fuel appears to be used more readily on the faster roads like motorways or duel carriageways.My route to work is on slow A roads which are clogged up with 40mph lorries. I dont really think that the length of journey has any real effect on fuel consumption other than the time it takes for the engine to warm up to its optimum temperature

..So far slightly disappointed with mpg. Will run it in more and see if it improves. Used mainly for short journeys so don't tell me it's no good if I do big miles.

I use my hybrid for my daily 38 mile each way commute and it is one of the most economical on the fuelly website.The fuel appears to be used more readily on the faster roads like motorways or duel carriageways.My route to work is on slow A roads which are clogged up with 40mph lorries. I dont really think that the length of journey has any real effect on fuel consumption other than the time it takes for the engine to warm up to its optimum temperature

Taken the Yaris hybrid out on a couple of longish runs, 30 miles or so, and driving extremely light footed, but only getting 57mpg. How do people get the often quoted 70+mpg. Is there a technique to driving a hybrid to get max mpg. I've heard about the accelerate hard and cruise technique. Can someone enlighten me. Changed from an Iq2 to the Yaris hybrid hoping for more mpg, but no joy at the moment.

Brand new toyota hybrids take a few miles to run in.

The mpgs will start to pick up as you rack up the miles.

Also check your tyre pressures and keep the tyres pumped up.

Isn't it odd how nearly all the threads on this forum end up talking about mpg? :)

......... so don't tell me it's no good if I do big miles.

Wouldn't dream of it - I've just done the 800 mile trip from UK to Provence and have an indicated 58mpg with most of yesterday spent near the 130kph (81 mph) mark. It may not be 70mpg but it's far better than I used to get in the old car.

.......How do people get the often quoted 70+mpg..........

I think most people don't. I've only done it on one fill-up in 19,000 miles.

Is there a technique to driving a hybrid to get max mpg. I've heard about the accelerate hard and cruise technique.

The simplest technique is the same as for economical driving of any other car but it will particularly pay dividends in a hybrid. By only using light braking the energy is stored in the Battery instead of being converted to heat and wasted in the friction brakes. So, the aim should be to avoid braking at all if possible, but if you have to brake then do it gently. Don't accelerate if you can see that you will need to brake immediately afterwards. Increase the distance from the car in front so that you have more time for the gentle braking if he slows down. Start to brake earlier when coming up to red lights. Plan to arrive at the lights just as they are changing to green. .....and so on.....

If you are already doing all the basics then look at pulse and glide, but personally I've tried it a few times and found it too distracting to have to watch the speed and ecometer so that I know that I am actually gliding when I should be and when to start pulsing again. But, it may just be that I'm a slow learner - several people on this site and Priuschat speak highly of the technique.