Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Filter

billdun

Hi folks

Not posted much on this forum although I have been a member since 2008. I have to say that it has been a great source of interesting info and nice to see a return to reasoned impartiality after recent heated debates.

Now.. The question. My car, 2008 XT-R diesel with 28k on the clock, attended Mr. T today for 4 year service. I note on the bill that they replaced the diesel filter at a cost of £37.66 plus the dreaded. According to the schedule this is not due until 6years/40k. Have I been done? Glad to have your opinion

Hi Bill

It doesn't harm to do the filter more often than the schedule says. However, you could have saved quite a lot by doing it yourself. Did they ask you before they changed it? If not tell them you didn't want it doing and ask for your money back.

Thanks a lot for that, much appreciated. I had already decided that this would be the last time it went to the dealers for service, next time I'll use the good independent in the village or add this one to the other two cars in the family I sort out myself (who am I kidding, not enough hours in the day - replacement rear caliper on wife's MX5 this weekend - sigh).

Thanks again

Bill

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links