Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Maps

Millview22

There is an emerging thread on another GT86 forum indicating that dealers are accepting the sat nav should have the latest version of the maps installed on delivery. That is certainly not the case for the majority of cars already delivered including mine (2011). The latest update is being sold for £109!

What's the view here? Can any dealers comment? Will all dealers by offering the upgrade free of charge? I understand Toyota HQ may have confirmed that all cars should have the latest version of the maps.

This is what we have told by Toyota also. The thing is, we only represent Toyota at Dealerships, unless otherwise stated. It would be something to take up with Toyota GB directly to be honest, as I don't think it would be anything we would be able to sort in house.

Having Paid £750 for the satnav, the very least I expected was to have current maps installed in it.

On checking the map and finding it to be March 2011 vintage I contacted the salesman who was equally surprised. He checked with customer services who said the latest map should have been installed and that I should have an upgrade free of charge at my convenience.

Only right in my view considering the exhorbitant cost of the unit!

This is also emerging in the Yaris section

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138807&hl=

I agree, it should be up to date, however, at the moment, there is no automatic way it can be updated at your dealer without your dealer getting it authorised by Toyota first. This situation might change over time, you should contact your dealer in the first instance and liase with them

Kingo :thumbsup:

There is an emerging thread on another GT86 forum indicating that dealers are accepting the sat nav should have the latest version of the maps installed on delivery. That is certainly not the case for the majority of cars already delivered including mine (2011). The latest update is being sold for £109!

What's the view here? Can any dealers comment? Will all dealers by offering the upgrade free of charge? I understand Toyota HQ may have confirmed that all cars should have the latest version of the maps.

i updated mine from http://navigationdvd.co.uk/toyota-lexus/ back up copy for only £25

i updated mine from http://navigationdvd.co.uk/toyota-lexus/ back up copy for only £25

****USERS OF THE ABOVE SITE ARE REMINDED THAT IT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TOYOTA/LEXUS SITE AND THE ITEMS FOR SALE ARE NOT AUTHORISED OR APPROVED BY TOYOTA/LEXUS....... ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED ARE DONE SO ENTIRELY AT THE PURCHASERS RISK

TOC CANNOT CONDONE OR SUPPORT THE USE OF ANY NON APPROVED PRODUCT

BUYERS PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE ENTIRELY AT THEIR OWN RISK.......YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! ****

• 1 month later...

At last after a 6 week wait RRG have got the nod from Toyota Uk and booked me in for my Satnav upgrade!

I'll pop a post here once mine is finally sorted.

You'll need patience, tissues and to suspend your disbelief when the tale is told. Not that I'm over-egging it at all.

Satnav was updated to latest 2012 maps on saturday morning and all the cameras are now shown in the right places!

My car was due for delivery on 1 September, it was delivered to Toyota World Bristol South on the Wednesday prior. I emailed them to request a few things were checked including the maps as it was becoming an issue on several forums. I didn't receive a reply but that's not unusual for them. They rarely return phone calls either.

When I collected the car the maps were still dated March 2011, amongst several other issues. I was told they'd not had a chance to check it out but would get back to me. I should have rejected the car there and then, but I accepted their assurance (as I was like a kid with a new toy).

As I'd not heard from them I called them a week later and was told they still hadn't heard from Toyota and would chase it up. Several emails, calls and weeks later still nothing. The dealer 'Principle' got involved and assured me it would be resolved ASAP. It was booked in to have the updates though they said it may take a couple of days, but I could borrow the principle's GT86 auto in the meantime. I accepted this and agreed to drop my car off and pick up the loaner at 0800 the next day. The principle didn't turn up until 0820 so by the time I left I was late for work. As I'd not heard anything by 1500 I called to find out how they'd got on and they said they'd had a problem. As the car had done more than 1,000 miles it had exceeded some arbitrary limit built into the system to allow a FOC update - it was now chargeable. When I finished laughing I was told they'd have to get a authority and codes from Toyota to perform the update and would get back to me. Again.

More time passed and I was told they'd got approval but it couldn't be done for another ten days or so.

When I'd established they weren't joking, just taking the *****, I told them where to stick it and I'd take it up with Toyota Customer Relations. This is now nearly four weeks after delivery.

I was told their response time is 2-3 days. I was disappointed with that - once someone has found it necessary to escalate to CR I'd expect them to take it seriously, but no, not Toyota. To be fair, that's probably a standard, scripted reply and I was called back within a few hours.

I was given a case number and told to book the car in with any Toyota dealer to get the update FOC using the case number as a reference. The other dealer in Bristol, Toyota World Bristol North (another Sytner dealer) didn't know anything about it and would get back to me, once I'd given them the case number, telephone number and name of the CR contact. A few days later they called back to say they'd not done it before and it may take a couple of days. In addition, they didn't have the 'equipment necessary' so I'd have to wait for that to arrive. When they contacted me again they said it would be another week or so. I couldn't believe what a farce this was becoming so again spoke to CR and another dealer Platinum Bath.

They weren't familiar with the issue either, but sounded a little more knowledgable and helpful.

Nearly seven weeks on, finally booked it on Monday for the update to be done today. Got there at 0800 - it was done by 0840. All parties happy (at last) and rather less than two days.

Well done and thank you to Mark at Toyota Platinum, Bath.

However, I shall NEVER buy a new Toyota again.

A more incompetent, useless, lying bunch of %$(tards I've never met.