Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remove Auris Rear Bumper

UK-KEV

hi All, does anybody have instructions on how to remove rear bumper, need to fix water leak on drivers side vent where water is coming in.

Hi Kev if its the vent you can see when you remove the small trim panel which gives you access to the rear light bulbs you do not need to remove the bumper. First remove the road wheel to give more space to work next there is a small section lower section of inner wing cover (at the bottom) remove three or four plastic push in clips and one plastic threaded one, look up in the area that you can now get to and you will see the vent. From inside release the four plastic retaing lugs and pop out the vent. You will find the seal has come adrift or burst stick back into its location with a spot of super glue then put a line of vaseline round the seal and put the vent back in. has always worked on mine and no more leaks good luck and its very simple to do.

Hi Kev if its the vent you can see when you remove the small trim panel which gives you access to the rear light bulbs you do not need to remove the bumper. First remove the road wheel to give more space to work next there is a small section lower section of inner wing cover (at the bottom) remove three or four plastic push in clips and one plastic threaded one, look up in the area that you can now get to and you will see the vent. From inside release the four plastic retaing lugs and pop out the vent. You will find the seal has come adrift or burst stick back into its location with a spot of super glue then put a line of vaseline round the seal and put the vent back in. has always worked on mine and no more leaks good luck and its very simple to do.

Hiya Big Auris, thanks for your reply. Had all the inside panel off yesterday, but doing checks with hose pipe, I need to re-seal the vent where it pushes in from the bumper side. regards Kev

Unless your vehicle is slightly different (mine is a 57 plate 1.6) as above you release the four plastic retaining clips on the vent and remove it towards the vehicle outside it is not attached to the bumper in any way, it then just clips back in the way it came out

Unless your vehicle is slightly different (mine is a 57 plate 1.6) as above you release the four plastic retaining clips on the vent and remove it towards the vehicle outside it is not attached to the bumper in any way, it then just clips back in the way it came out

Yeah, I understand what you mean now..... Thanks will check this 2mro

Hi Kev Be gentle with the four retaing lugs their very flimsy and actually designed to break at least thats what i think !!

• 2 months later...

I also have a leak coming in the top of the rectangular vent, I can't figure out how to remove the vent inwards without removing the bumper. When I pop the clips, the filter moves outwards, not inwards. I've tried to attach an image to this post to show where the water is coming in (marked in yellow). It only started happening after we had the bumper repaired. Think I'll prob just take it back to the garage and get them to sort it out.

post-126982-0-16185600-1352547438_thumb.

Hi this Vent is removed to the outside of the vehicle (see this thread 30th August) you do not have to remove the bumper) to get the Vent out, as stated be very gentle with the four plastic retaining lugs on the Vent as they are very easily broken.

• 3 years later...

I was able to remove the vent to the inside of the vehicle.

Sitting in the boot (easier with seats folded forwards), remove the small panel which gives access for changing rear lamp bulbs. I tied a piece of wire to the vent so that it did not drop down and get lost. Squeeze the four retaining clips and push the vent to the outside. With a bit of manoeuvring, with the vent in just the right orientation, it was possible to withdraw through the rectangular hole in to the inside of the car. It was necessary to apply gentle outwards pressure to the plastic bumper trim to give a bit of extra room. There is roughly a 40mm gap between the panel and bumper trim. IIRC, the vent was rotated a few degrees CCW and withdrawn in the ~10 o'clock direction, though I have something of a goldfish memory.

This was the vent on the RHS. Access to the LHS is a bit more limited, but should still be possible this way.

I too was having a water leak into the boot. The foam rubber seal was saturated and broke during removal. I dried and reassembled with plenty of clear silicone sealant, then refitted. I chucked a bucket of water over the back of the car and no leak was apparent, however time will tell if this has cured the leak.

So, no need to remove bumper or even the wheel arch trim in my experience, this was a simple 1 hour job.

In case my repair fails, anyone know the part number for the vent ? I understand an updated design is available with improved gasket. This would be my next plan of attack.

In case my repair fails, anyone know the part number for the vent ? I understand an updated design is available with improved gasket. This would be my next plan of attack.

Found it !

http://toyotapartscatalog.com/parts/toyota-6294002010/

62940-02010 DUCT ASSY, QUARTER VENT, RH

Although I'm not certain this is the new 'improved' design.

Found it !

http://toyotapartscatalog.com/parts/toyota-6294002010/

62940-02010 DUCT ASSY, QUARTER VENT, RH

Although I'm not certain this is the new 'improved' design.

Send Parts King a personal message, detailing your car (reg no as a minimum) and raise the query.

Thanks, if the leak continues, I'll try him for the replacement part.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links