Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Rav 4 Required!

mthappy0

I've just been through the same thing and got a 4.3 XT5 Petrol. We had a 4.2 petrol a few years ago and wished we had never sold it, best car we've ever owned.

Its will be the wife using it just to mainly commute into Manchester and back every day so stop/start queues for 20 miles every day. Don't think that would suit a diesel very well with the dpf/egr issues.

Since my engine siezed in my old Rav 4 a new one is required! I have come down to two. Any views and opinions on the diesil Vs petrol or the price or anything else would be great!

http://www.clmvehicl...201228478304744

OR

http://www.autotrade...age/1?logcode=p

Thanks

Matt

We've got 2 4.2 petrol autos and think they're great. OK, the fuel consumption isn't brilliant compared to diesel but they have no technical issues, e.g. DMF, the dreaded replacement engine problem, DPF's, EGR clogging, etc. and the only onerous cost is the petrol itself - no other costs to speak of (apart of course from routine servicing, etc.).

Having said that, I had a D4D 4.2 Granite a couple of years back & never had a problem with it so there's always the luck of the draw.

Having to choose is a nice problem to have however. Good luck whichever way you go.

I've had a low mileage 2000(x) 4.2 petrol since December '11 and I've had no problems at all with it. The engine likes to be revved but that's the characteristic of the vvt-i technology. I love it and am actually hoping we get some snow again this year :-)

As others have mentioned, the only potential issue for you with petrol Ravs is mpg. If you are doing lots of stop start driving you need to be prepared to live with 25-27 mpg. I do just under 10k per annum plus I do do some motorway driving so I can live with that.

tut tut - a RAV4 is for life! Put another engine in - I did !!! I loved it so much I bought a second to keep it company. :clap:

tut tut - a RAV4 is for life! Put another engine in - I did !!! I loved it so much I bought a second to keep it company. :clap:

He's back.....this is a good thing.....honest......:thumbsup:

sorry for the sin of getting a new one :)

The Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D XT3 5dr Diesel Estate 2006 looks the best at the moment are there any know issues? It also needs a parcel shelf and new keys any idea of price for them? If I go with the other one the body condition is not as good although lower mileage! AARRGHHHHH

Please help!

The 2.2 diesels have big issues a search on here should tell you more. The 2.0 diesel is by far the best diesel in my opinion, we have had 2 to date and have changed the DMF to a solid flywheel and conventional clutch on the one we are now selling and it has been perfect for the last couple of years. That said I'm glad I had a full extended Toyota warranty when I bought mine as I have had a replacement sunroof, stereo and waterpump. All expensive items to have done if you are paying for them out of your own pocket.

I have never owned a car as long as the diesel Rav and really didn't want to sell it, so I gave it to my better half who has been using it for the last year.

Thanks for all the comments. I have gone for the Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D XT3 5dr Diesel Estate 2006 what are the known issues? In the end I got it for well below the listed price. Just worrying now! ARRRGGGGGHHHHH please help ....again.

Picked it up tonight can someone post a link to any thread on here that has mentioned issues with it!

thanks again

Things seem to have got a bit political on here since my last visit some months ago and I don't wish to add any comments to fuel any fires. Suffice it to say that if your vehicle has a full service history and not have a huge mileage then everything should be fine :clap: