Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hilux 2.4

tonethetones

I am doing a slight rebuild on my 2.4 d and am putting on new rings stamped on the piston cron is a letter B and the number 2 I can not find any mention of oversize \I wonder are these std pistons any help much appreciated thanks Tony

Standard pistons are marked, 1, 2 or 3 and vary slightly in size, depending on the number. You have a standard number 2 piston by the sound of it. They were only ever mad to go one size up and that is 0.5 O/S

Kingo :thumbsup:

Standard pistons are marked, 1, 2 or 3 and vary slightly in size, depending on the number. You have a standard number 2 piston by the sound of it. They were only ever mad to go one size up and that is 0.5 O/S

thanks ,would that mean I need oversized rings ordering 0.5 os I got some std rings they are to small thanks Tony

NO, if you have standard pistons you need standard rings, if they dont fit, I suspect the rings are the wrong ones for the job

Best to try your local engine rebuilder, or a local parts trade motor factor, most have access to those sort of parts, people such as Euro Car Parts and the like

• 1 month later...

i bought rings from toyota when i rebuild my 2.8 and they couldnt tell me if i had std or oversized,