Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Happy

Elofan

Hi everyone just a quick question I just bought a 61 plate yaris sr from Lancaster Toyota Ipswich I am happy with the car but car was advertised as an sr touch and go but on driving home I realised the car does not have the sat nav system installed . My question is should the car have been advertised as just a touch system and who do I contact to kick up a fuss about this I thought I was buying a car with the nav equipment .what are my options guys I love the car but wanted the navigation system fitted.

If the car was advertised as Touch and Go it should have the Sat Nav system fitted

(Ref Toyota GB website New Cars Yaris FAQ)

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&CampaignID=C4305&noLeftMenu=true&fullwidth=TRUE&nodiv=TRUE&edname=CC2-Touch-and-go-landing&id=TouchandGo-landing&zone=Zone+Cars&sr=Mall

I would suggest contacting the selling dealer in the first instance to see if they can fit the system

Thank you for reply just checked again car was advertised as an sr touch and go have emailed sales guy at dealership and Toyota customer services . Not holding out much hope but that's what was advertised so really that is what I should hold out for :-(

Thank you for reply just checked again car was advertised as an sr touch and go have emailed sales guy at dealership and Toyota customer services . Not holding out much hope but that's what was advertised so really that is what I should hold out for :-(

If the car was advertised as having touch and go then it should have the satnav. If the dealer quibbles, then the sale of goods act applies, do not waste time arguing with the dealer, go straight to trading standards they will deal with the matter. To install the system simply requires a module to be plugged into the back of the existing display screen. Post how you get on with this!

Regards Geoff Peace.

Spoke to dealership today gotta drive from Swansea to Ipswich again but they will fit sat nav and give me a tank of petrol for journey home . In fairness a great result and well done Lancaster Toyota Ipswich

do not waste time arguing with the dealer, go straight to trading standards they will deal with the matter.

Nonsense!

Trading standards will tell you to go straight back to the dealer. ANY trader has to be given the opportunity to put things right. This was probably an error in the DVLA information. Most people assume a dealer sits there and types in all the spec when he sells a car, WRONG! The registration number is inputted and all the spec fields are populated. It is great to see a good result from a dealer who admits an honest mistake. The dealer should be praised for such swift action, your "go straight to trading standards" quote is a typical response you see on forums, a comment that will be there for years for people to see. Where you get a problem with the sale of a product you must ALWAYS go back to the seller first, he has the legal right to correct something that might have gone wrong during the sale

Well done LANCASTER IPSWICH!

Kingo :thumbsup:

do not waste time arguing with the dealer, go straight to trading standards they will deal with the matter.

Nonsense!

Trading standards will tell you to go straight back to the dealer. ANY trader has to be given the opportunity to put things right. This was probably an error in the DVLA information. Most people assume a dealer sits there and types in all the spec when he sells a car, WRONG! The registration number is inputted and all the spec fields are populated. It is great to see a good result from a dealer who admits an honest mistake. The dealer should be praised for such swift action, your "go straight to trading standards" quote is a typical response you see on forums, a comment that will be there for years for people to see. Where you get a problem with the sale of a product you must ALWAYS go back to the seller first, he has the legal right to correct something that might have gone wrong during the sale

You have not read my post, I said 'If the dealer quibbles' a legal term you are obviously unfamilair with. It has served me well in HM courts of law over several decades. The cry of nonsense from defending council is, as always, rarely looked upon favourably. Trading Standards is merely the first step but a necessary one in the due process of the law. It grinds slowly, but it grinds exceeding small. The defence rests.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Nonsense!

You have not read my post, I said 'If the dealer quibbles' a legal term you are obviously unfamilair with. It has served me well in HM courts of law over several decades. The cry of nonsense from defending council is, as always, rarely looked upon favourably. Trading Standards is merely the first step but a necessary one in the due process of the law. It grinds slowly, but it grinds exceeding small. The defence rests.

Regards Geoff Peace.

In this case the dealer has acted responsibly and admitted their error.......They are correcting the error with compensation

Surely it is totally unnecessary to call in trading standards as the case is closed (Melud ;) )

I repeat what I said earlier, the FIRST point of call is visiting the dealer and seeing what they have to say (Im saying dealer, it could be any retailer) Trading Standards do not want people coming in and reporting problems without going through due process, they do not have time or resources to take up cases where the customer has not even made contact. In fact, if the retailer "quibbles" you still need to give them the opportunity to put things right. The issue here was not a quality issue but an advertising issue, a rather more serious misrepresentation, where the term "Toyota Touch and Go" was used instead of "Toyota Touch" an expensive lesson for the dealer but one which they honourably resolved without "quibbling!" I just find the whole "go see trading standards" and "you need compensation" so distasteful, when all is needed is a conversation to put things right. Don't get me wrong, retailers of any description deserve all they get when they treat their customers shoddily, but in this case, it was a job well done

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Kingo, the trading standards/small claims court are always the last resort - usually with back street fly-by-night dealers... any reputable dealer - as in this case - will do their best to uphold their reputation.

I have to agree with Kingo, the trading standards/small claims court are always the last resort - usually with back street fly-by-night dealers... any reputable dealer - as in this case - will do their best to uphold their reputation.

May I respectfully suggest that you to spend a day, or even two, in the public gallery of one of H.M. courts. You will very quickly realise what human nature is like at the sharp end, large as life and twice as nasty, I due assure you. The better side of human nature and rose tinted spectacles are a figment of the imagination of defending counsel. A phrase used often.

Regards Geoff Peace.