Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help Re: Keys / Immobiliser

iad77

Hello to everyone, just joined to see if anyone has had a similar problem that i've got.

The inside of my keys (remote) has been lost, I dont have a spare either. I've got the actual key itself but not the grey remote box INSIDE the key casing (2 buttons)

I thought it would be ok but when I tried starting the car it wouldn't start, only then I realised it was the immobiliser. When you insert the key normally it sends a signal to the ECU (i think) that its the right key, but I've not got the electronic part of the key !

the toyota dealer quoted me 1200.00 to replace the keys/ ecu immobiliser chip, there's no way I can pay that though.....

Is there anyway of dealing with this cheaply :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

not good news I'm afraid mate. I've just been through the key replacement exercise with my Corolla... got it all going again but it cost me £600! The important sequence is key talks to ignition, ignition talks to ECU, turn key, engine fires and remote locking works. I had to get the ECU manufacturer (in my case Zendo) then found a scrappy selling, ignition barrel with key AND ECU (Zendo). Paid them £160, got it all fitted for £150.... Toyota garage wanted £800 to replace the ignition components.... result :)

If you want to try this path start with www.247spares.co.uk/toyota I never recommend anything but these people did everything they promised and saved me a fortune (I've bought a spare remote key now, programmed and supplied for £95....safe :)

Good Luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links