Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help

chippypah

Hi All,

I need some help with a Yaris 2006, the indicators are not working (hazard lights OK ) and the reverse light also not working.

Any help please, was going to fit reverse parking sensors.

Cheers

Pete

It sounds to me that someone has blown a fuse or two trying to connect up the reversing sensors! Any more info would be appreciated!

Checked the fuses and all seem OK, is there another fuse box apart from the one under the bonnet ?.

Fitted the reverse sensors and was going to wire up to the light, but no feed and no indicators.

Cheers

Pete

IIRC there's a fuse box behind a small panel driver's side above the bonnet release catch. If you can't find it then let me know and I'll go out and check for sure when there's some daylight.

My neighbour fitted parking sensors to his citroen c3. He messed up his electrics, so every time he unlocks the car, instead of a quick flash of the lights, they stay stuck on for quite a few mins. When he locks the car, the lights flicker and flash for ages. He would be away into the house after locking the car and the lights are still flashing. He had the bumper off a lot of times and lots of wires pulled out. Think he messed up his brake lights too when he did that job.

IIRC there's a fuse box behind a small panel driver's side above the bonnet release catch. If you can't find it then let me know and I'll go out and check for sure when there's some daylight.

Thanks will check in morning.

Cheers

Pete

Just been out to try and find the fault, had to move the car and noticed that the air bag and Battery warning light are on as well.

Cheers

Pete

Yes, been out a few times myself (it must be the mk1 that has the fuse box where I suggested, sorry!) I have looked at the pdf electrical drawings for the American Yaris (don't have any for the European Yaris I'm afraid!) and although there will be many differences I was hoping that they'll also be many similarities as well. Now the common thing to all of the faults you've listed excludind the airbags is a red10 amp fuse labelled as GAUGE which is fed through the Ignition switch. So I've been back and forth trying to locate such a fuse / circuit on our Yaris to no avail.

Now I know this is a long shot but have you at any time removed any of the fuses (when checking to see if they'd blown) and perhaps reinserted them in the wrong place, this would be very easy to do as there seems to be lots of empty slots?

Also have you tried at any time to make an electrical connection to the reversing light?

Checked the fuses for conductivity so did not take them out, no not done the connection yet just removed the lights and put it into reverse.

I had taken the bulb out, ready for checking with a volt meter but found no live. So put the bulb back in and nothing, checked all the connections and they are firmly connected then found no indicators as well.

Cheers

Pete

Well all back to normal, there was a fuse box nearside right under the relay board. Not easy to get at but did it, the fuse in question was marked gauges so very strange LOL.

Cheers

Pete

Well done! It just goes to show how very similar the American Yaris is to ours, even though they just have a 1.5 ltr engine in all their models, they even have a saloon version too!

Btw was the fuse board that housed the 'Gauges' fuse located behind the passenger's glove box?

No, you had to take the lower panel off. Then lay on your back looking up to the top of the dash,and it was the underside of the relay board so not easy to see.