Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horn Not Working

JNR

hi all can anyone help me my horn has just stopped working ive checked fuses relays and power going to horn from fuse box and everything is fine even when i open relay up there is 2 contact points in there and when i push together the horn goes off

it dosent go when i press inside the car so i think the problem is from the actual steering wheel to the fuse box but i dont know where the wires are what colour they are to check em must be a breakl somewhere but i dont wanna go pay someone just yet to look at it until ive tred my best to rectify the problem myself

has anyone had similiar probs and do you know where the wires are to check etc

as ive said before there is power there just not from steering wheel <_< :( im at a loss please help :thumbsup:

Hi,

The Horn circuit is normally a "Constantly Live" circuit when the ignition has been turned on or with the engine running and you make the circuit by earthing the horn via the steering wheel pad.

The fault is normally with the horn contact ring and sprung loaded contact pin between the steering wheel and column.

You have to remove the steering wheel to inspect the brass ring and pin - dont forget to lightly grease the "ring" before you put the steering wheel back on - otherwise you will get a "grating" noise when the wheel is turned.

Hope this helps ya -

:thumbsup:

Still not working Jay??

Im good ta mate. Nicks looking into GTIs again (seen one in Scotland lol)

Hope you're ok :D

Edinburgh :blink:

Have a look on the site about midnight to find out if we've got it or whether Nicks bottled it lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links