Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With 2004 T3 Mmt Yaris

swiftmast

I drove a short distance yesterday and whilst moving slowly in queuing traffic the gearbox display

in MMT mode suddenly switched from 2 into N and the N started flashing on frontal display,a small red light was also flashing(!)and a constant beeping noise.Something similar has happened in the past when the car refused to go into gear when turning right I had to push it over the road and took it into dealership and was told needed a new Battery .On this occasion I managed to turn around and just get home about 3/4 of a mile at which point the same problem occurred.I have recently had a Phillips dab radio fitted by Halfords and am now concerned that this could be putting excessive load on the Battery.

The recently fitted Battery should have lots of life left in it .I started the car up today and it seemed OK again. I'm puzzled, does anyone familiar with MMT Yaris or anyone else have any suggestions.

• 3 months later...

The problem was diagnosed by my local Toyota dealership as an intermittent gearbox problem whilst in drive mode and I was quoted £2200 for repair .Since the car is only worth about this amount and I also have another car I decided to continue without

repairing it as it still passed MOT OK despite the fault.It has only happened one more time when I managed to pull off road turn engine off on then switch to manual mode for a while.I also try to switch to manual mode when going on fast A roads to be on the safe side.At first I was disappointed as the car has only done 33000 miles but now I live with fault & still drive in easy mode without a problem most of the time.