Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picked The T Sport Up Today

ste01

Picked up the 04 T Sport today, big diff from driving the 370Z GT that I have just had to say good bye too :crybaby: (joys of getting divorced lol) , filled the tank up and gave it a good run out mix of m/way and A roads, twisty B roads tomorrow.

First impressions overall :thumbsup: , the steering is a little light and the brakes a bit soft after the Z, just need to adjust my driving for that lol.

Forgot how much fun a front wheel drive car can be , especially when you hit ova 6k rpm and the cam kicks in and having the tc off too.

spending a few hours detailing tomorrow getting it nice and clean and will post some pic's up weather permitting.

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on my Toyota corolla t Sport its a 2003.

Is it bad to rev the car above 7000rpm?

Also I was driving mine and it would not allow me to rev over 7000 I then had the Engine management light come on along with the VSC and Traction control lights.

Just wondering if anyone has some advice.

Much appreciated.

Ouch down from a 370z, that is a difference in power and torque - ah well at least you have a decent engine sound to listen too now, i recommend taking it through a long tunnel asap :) Its quite a different way of driving and you need to keep it in the power band for the quick response.

Hi FoxX

lol yep the Z was a bit subdued when it came to exhaust note, power and torque was something else, it used to just keep pulling, whilst in Germany did open it up on a section of unrestricted autobahn towards K/town just lets say it does what it says on the can, hope to get over again this year and will see what the T Sport can do

already done the tunnel test :clap: does sound good , used to be the same with my 197 clio had to keep the revs in the power band to get the most out of the engine. yep it's responsive as soon as you get past the magic 6k mark lol

only thing is the brakes soft pedal and not stopping that quickly so back to the garage at the weekend for them to take a look, pads are ok, rear discs are a bit worn

ive noticed the brakes to be pretty poor on the tsport , ive tried standard toyota disks and pads to ebc grooved and part drilled disks with ebc pads and still ive been disapointed, maybe get some braided brake lines will be the solution