Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirrors Vandalised :(

TinkyB

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice...

I woke up this morning to find someone has vandalised my iq wing mirrors - one is hanging off and the other has the inner glass portion knocked out and smashed. A terrible thing to wake up to on a Sunday! Anyway, I spoke to my insurance company and they told me it might be cheaper to get them fixed myself rather than claim and have it effect my premiums in the future.

I'd much rather get them fixed myself but I have no idea where to start - do i have to go to the dealership? If not, I live in essex, can anyone recommend a place I can contact?

I've never had to do anything like this before so I'm totally clueless!

Gutted to hear that some scum has done this. I'd say the best places to try are to get a price from your local dealer, then take a look on eBay for cars being broken. You might still need to buy the covers (not cheap) but the mirrors themselfs might be.

Fish

What part of Essex are you based in? If you are anywhere near broxbourne I could get you sorted at a Fix Auto Bodyshop, british standards approved so proper job, dealer will cost an arm and a few legs!

Hi, thank you for the advise, unfortunately I'm not close to broxbourne but I have found a friend of a friend who is a mechanic so I'll need to buy the parts but he is going to fit them for me. Just have to hope it was a one off!

It is rather bizaar to have both wing mirrors damaged. I can tell you a set of covers retail at close to £100. As for fitting replacement whole wing mirror assembly. You have to take off both inner door covers to get to the cable connectors. The removal themselves is a clip off triangle cover and 3 screws/ bolts. Sorry to hear your problem

David

Wow, a bad way to start your day. Hope you can get it fixed for a reasonable price.

Hoodlums!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links