Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Speaker Size In 2012 Rear Doors ?

kalda01

It seems so. Most owners do not worry about the rear sound quality, since they are at the front. For a car of that age most owners probably will not do anything to the car.

The only way to check for the speaker size is to remove the door card. Have you asked Toyota if they know?

From the past models, most Avensis use the same size speaker to all doors. This may have changed recently.

I replaced my 1998 Avensis Speakers with 6.5" Speakers all round. The originals were 5.5".

When you find out, let us know. You may be the first.

From what I was able to find out so far from various sources, the front Speakers are 6X9 component set. the twitters are located in the top side corners of the dashboard (in fron near the glass).

The rear door Speakers are either 5.25-inch or 6.5-inch.

I'm hopeful that a 6.5 speaker would fit if installed on top of the old speaker frame after cutting the inside of the speaker and removing it.

I'll report back when I have more info.

I have attached photos of the original speaker taken out of my Avensis 2012.

New 6.5" coaxial Speakers (Infinity 6532I) were nicely fit in place of the originals.

The sound is way much better now.

The originals as you can see are really very cheap and crappy Speakers.

post-125354-0-36632600-1347090000_thumb.

post-125354-0-66351700-1347090008_thumb.

The Speakers fitted to the early Avensis were awful! My car is a '98 model.

They were okay for basic use but struggled if the head unit is a better quality.

When I first had the car August '03, the heat would make one or more of Speakers buzz for the first few minutes.

The bass boost on the stereo had to be turned down. Once the interior had cooled the Speakers were fine. I put up with this during the summers until it got worse. That is when I changed to the JBL's 6.5" two way speakers.

The original speakers in most cars are not always that good, just adequate.

I had a Vauxhall Cavalier which had dash tweeters, big 6.5" front speakers and rear door 5" speakers. The sound from that was better than my original Avensis speakers!

Glad you sorted your speaker issue.

One of the new rear Speakers is vibrating at higher volume when the track played has significant bass content.

It stops vibrating if lowering the volume or bass level.

Is this a speaker defect or faulty installation ?

I would think the speak is faulty if you wired the Speakers correctly. By correct wiring, the connections could be reversed making the speaker out of phase.

Check the speaker to make sure that the cable or any other object is not close to the cone. Also check the wires to the coil are not fouling.

Make sure there is clearance from the door card.

When I fitted my Speakers, I measured and checked all clearances so that the speaker magnet was clear of the glass and the grill/ door card. I used MDF as spacers and got the correct thickness. This improved the sound by acting as the baffle.

Take the speaker out of the door, and test it. If no buzzing then it must be what I just said above.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links