Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems With Revving Over 7000 Rpm

rosh7uk

Hi All,

This is my first time on here so please bear with me.

I am looking for some advice on my Toyota corolla t Sport its a 2003.

Is it bad to rev the car above 7000rpm?

Also I was driving mine and it would not allow me to rev over 7000 I then had the Engine management light come on along with the VSC and Traction control lights.

Just wondering if anyone has some advice.

Much appreciated.

Sounds like the rev limiter is kicking in. On most engines there is no point n taking the engine to its top rpm as power output tends to diminish outside its power-band range.

Thanks for the info.

But it just seems strange how at times it will allow me to go over 8000 and another time it will stop at 7000?

I am sure the power kicks in at 6200?

Do you think I shoud take it in to have it looked at?

Lewo is right usually the engine wont let you rev above 7000 when its not warmed up (i.e. at least mid oil temp point) , you really dont want to thrash these when they are cold or any car to be honest.

If it is warmed up you may want to look at posts on removing and cleaning the VVti and VVTLi oil screws and perhaps look at changing the lift bolts incase they have snapped.

Otherwise.. possible rocker damage or something else, you'd have to take the cam cover off and have a good look about.

Thanks guys for the help much appreciated, I will look into it. I dont know much about cars but I have had the problem once after a long drive so am pretty sure the oil was warm.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links