Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side Light Bulb Dropped Into Headlight

Barry W

Hi,

Just changed sidelight bulbs to LEDs.

I've dropped one of the sidelight bulbs into the headlight.

Is there any easy I can get the plastic/perspect off the headlight to pick the bulb out?

Thanks,

B

Removing the lens is likely to cause damage as it is stuck in position with a strong adhesive and even if it did come off easily it would involve removing the headlight. Using a .bent piece of stiff wire with a blob of blue-tack stuck to the end may help you retrieve it.

Or a vacuum cleaner with a short length of garden hose attached to it to suck the bulb to the end of it.

piece of wire or wooden stick with a bit Of bluetac on the end should do the job.

I've just had to remove LED sidelights & replace them with originals to pass the MOT. Same with the white/ blue effect headlight bulbs. Worth considering before changing them in the first place.

I've just had to remove LED sidelights & replace them with originals to pass the MOT. Same with the white/ blue effect headlight bulbs. Worth considering before changing them in the first place.

You have a fussy MOT man then. Had LED bulbs and brighter headlight bulbs in all our cars and never failed an MOT, and that's two different garages!

If they're E marked, they shouldn't fail them, if they do, argue it as they're road legal and MOT friendly

You have a fussy MOT man then. Had LED bulbs and brighter headlight bulbs in all our cars and never failed an MOT, and that's two different garages!

If they're E marked, they shouldn't fail them, if they do, argue it as they're road legal and MOT friendly

+1

B