Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Iq In Oct?

caffrey

Just been in to toyota to find a deal for a new IQ as my finance deal is coming to an end (disappointed with the quote so i'll go elsewhere no doubt) Salesman told me that there's a new IQ coming out in october however it'll be over 1k more expensive - anyone know anything about it ? The IQ is already too expensive as it is, so 1k more is silly in my opinion.

The electric Toyota /Scion IQ is coming out this year, certainly in America, at least that was the plan apparently, but I don't suppose the dealer was referring to that one!

It will just be a revamp of what is already available with perhaps different bumpers to change the look, and maybe different trim, I expect.

Then they slap an extra £1000 on the bill.

John

It'll be interesting to see what the differences are in the car, I thought it had only recently had another internal facelift?!

Ours is due for a change in May next year but the time for us to make a decision on our next car will come round faster than expected. Another IQ was a possibility, if it increases further in price it may not be. We'll have to wait for more info and see what deal can be haggled.

That was a question I asked when I ordered mine last week & was told .. definately not! Think another visit to Mr T tomorrow is in order to confirm....

We have the new iQ listed on the Scion website, no mention of an electric version and there have been no major changes, just the price increase and less options available.

New Model Summary

Deletion of Stop Start function on 1.33 engine (iQ3) models.

Change in CO2 for 1.33 engine manual (iQ3) models. The CO2 will increase from 113

g/km to 120 g/km. This will not affect the tax banding of any iQ models.

All models have a new black centre cluster. IQ2 and IQ3 models will have silver inserts

on the centre cluster.

Plum interior and plum leather is deleted from the line up. All models will have grey

interior panelling.

Deletion of Island Blue (8T7) from exterior colour line up.

New seat structure with new cloth seat trim. (Nara blue)

TNS510 Satellite Navigation system changed to TNS350. Please note this system

provides a cheaper navigation option but a CD player will not be available.

Deletion of iSports Pack.

Chrome wing mirrors have been deleted from the iQ³ grade.

Funny old world, Fitted a TNS 350 in mine and Marcandsebe's iQ and got a lot of hassle from Toyota GB when I was enquiring about the video's on youtube showing the TNS 350 in an iQ and stating the speed camera alert and poi's were updatable from your home PC. and asking where I can get them from. They stated it is not available in the UK and we don't know how you have got one to work in your iQ.( Ha they don't know me) After pointing out they are available in Ireland and available for an iQ, they refused to comment. I again mentioned the video on youtube and they said thats Toyota Europe. I said "Are we not in Europe then?" Again a blank reply. I asked "why are the cars in Ireland fitted with the TNS 350 as an option with its extra safety features, and in the UK new cars are still being fitted with the lesser TNS510. They then said the decision to offer a certain interior options is market driven. and said they couldn't " help" any more.Funny how the market suddenly changes. The conversation with her was last month.. BTW there isn't a CD player built in but it has a socket at the rear for a 6 CD changer for under seat etc. It has the option to view video from an iPod/iphone, a picture viewer with the ability to change start up screen,Audio quality is better, Traffic camera alert and road speed displayed.

David

If you look on the map update site Toyota are doing a special SD map for France with all the speed camera alerts removed. Now for the law abiding French person, they will have to purchase a new map at about €160 to stay legal. So just by passing a law, every person with a satNav in France is going to have to Shell out or be competent to remove the files. What happens to people say in Holland when they cross the boarder? or we go on holiday. You could of course on a TNS510 and TNS350 copy the Loading.Kiwi file to a spare SD card which will remove navigation in your car but give you functionality of the rest of the unit. Obviously not needed on the TNS510 as it doesn't have speed camera alert.Mind you it doesn't help if you come from a different country and need to navigate in France.

David

Up date on a TNS 350 you can turn off speed camera notification and road speed alert.

David

So thats....

New Model Summary

• Deletion of Stop Start function on 1.33 engine (iQ3) models.

• Change in CO2 for 1.33 engine manual (iQ3) models. The CO2 will increase from 113

g/km to 120 g/km. This will not affect the tax banding of any iQ models.

• All models have a new black centre cluster. IQ2 and IQ3 models will have silver inserts

on the centre cluster.

• Plum interior and plum leather is deleted from the line up. All models will have grey

interior panelling.

• Deletion of Island Blue (8T7) from exterior colour line up.

• New seat structure with new cloth seat trim. (Nara blue)

• TNS510 Satellite Navigation system changed to TNS350. Please note this system

provides a cheaper navigation option but a CD player will not be available.

• Deletion of iSports Pack.

• Chrome wing mirrors have been deleted from the iQ³ grade.

Sorry My eyes were failing........... Spoke with my Local dealer Listers in Lincoln and they said definately no new iQ or upgrades/updates!!! whose ur source Parts King??

Tarquin.... how much can you source & fit a TNS 350 for ?? looks very interesting....

So taking bits off and charging more? I was under the impression by the way he was talking that it's a whole new model, but tbh I think they just didn't want to sell me a car, no effort made to make me a really tempting offer and they haven't phoned since the quote to chase me up. Weird thing was they didn't have any IQs on the show floor... Not sure what car to buy next and only got 2 months to find one!

Question, would you buy another considering the price increases ? I bought mine in 2009 and it was 9840, same car now is 11k, I just don't think it's worth it :(

Anything is going to cost you to buy

& the depreciation is much the same whatever you buy.

Worth waiting to see what does become available towards 2013.

It should be well sorted & the Warranty will be long enough now.

Personally i think the iQ will still be a quality car to buy, while lots of others out there now are pretty rubbish, when you look closely at them.

To see how bad some of these light weight fuel saver cars are now, maybe go look at a Up!/Citigo/Mii

they are built like Fisher Price toys but less durable & the road noise & mechanical noises are horrible,

these things will be worth nothing in just a few years IMHO.

Dealers of them are also showing little interest in selling you them as the order books are filling

& the waiting lists are growing.

& the forums on them are already full of faulty ones, water leaks, broken interior parts , rubbish ECO tyres on them,

etc

george

Hi Rob

Here is a link on eBay where i bought mine . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-TNS-350-Satellite-Navigation-Unit-Sat-Nav-/300761485649?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4606c81151#ht_1209wt_942.

The fitting is based on a change out of a TNS 510. If you have a 510 and want a 350 its pretty easy.Geographically, I live in Essex and you in Linconshire. I could talk you through it if you wanted to do it yourself. If you have a standard radio installation you would need a few more things like the satnav top enclosure of which i don't know the cost. Pm me if your interested. P.S if you have a 510 then you could pop it back on eBay to recover a lot of your cost.

David

It is a quality car, but is it really worth that much ? Worked out the IQ just on finance + deposit alone has cost me 8 quid a day to run (not inc fuel + insurance etc) only doing 15 miles.

Completely opposite end of the spectrum I went to view a clio 182 last night heh.

Cars cost £8 a day to sit outside peoples houses often.

£50 a week finance or lease. = £2600 or £7.12 a day.

10,000 miles @ 45 mpg @ £6.50 a gallon (222 gallons) £1444 ,divide by 356 = £3.95 a day.

Insurance £300

Road tax £0

Mot after 3 years & service £150.

Bits and pieces £50

£2600, £1444, £300, £200 = £4544 per year.

or £12.45 for only an average of 27 miles a day

or

Buy for cash of £2000 a car with a years tax and MOT & insure for £300

10,000 miles @ 35 mpg = £1857

= £4157 or £11.30 a day and it might last 1 year or 2 & you are driving an old car & need cash to buy it.

Horses for courses really.

A new car will depreciate by at least £2500 driving it out the show room.

Thats over £7 a day lost over the first year, let alone paying for the car.

george

Yep VAT was 15% when I bought it, now its 20%.

I've done 12700 miles in my car in 3 years, 120 a month with a £2700 initial deposit. This is my first ever brand new car and having 3 years of hassle free motoring has been a marvel (apart from the crash) I'm really torn what to do, but the quote for a new iq was 180 a month, I can afford it but it seems like an expensive luxury to me i'm also concerned with job security.

In the past its been MOT hassles expensive tax (£250 on the clio a year), and fixing cars on the drive and i'm getting too old for it, I'd get public transport but theres no decent services about.

Surely you are not ready for something like Peter Picanto yet?

6 years old now and still like new,

just spark plugs, oil a filters, MOT & last week Coil Pack at £160

7 Year Warranty available now,

42 miles to the gallon minimum & drives like an Original Mini.

Ahh, the iQ does the same & with more room in the front.

Best go for a Clio while petrol prices are still low enough and iQ's will be available for years to come hopefully.

george

post-104736-0-39900700-1346839921_thumb.

Like I said, I really want to get away from building engines on my kitchen floor ;p and doing oil changes on the drive plus reliability etc.

There was another member on here that left the IQ due to bad deal and went to a VW up, I dont want to leave toyota but my point is, the cars too expensive, audi A1's aren't that much more!

Salesman also put me off the aygo, said it was poor - build quality etc altho I had a courtesy car of its close cousin the 107 and didn't think that was too bad.

An A1 is wonderful & the seating position is almost exactly the same as an iQ.

Interior finish is great.

I was so excited to find a car as comfy for 2 as the iQ

& with lots of go, & a DSG box.

So good that we got rid of the iQ & bought one.

Then got shot of it pretty soon after & got another iQ.

george

David, I wondered about an off-the-wall solution, the Google Nexus 7 is only £199 (less for the 8GB version) and that has a 7" screen. Google maps has navigation, the only issue is you need an internet connection for the maps but you are able to download sections of the map for offline browsing now. Not sure how you would get the sound out though. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

My understanding is rather than just google maps on the nexus, you need Google Navigator 2,5 this gives voice guidance which comes out of the built in speaker, but the Nexus lacks processing power to offer 3D tilt so you can easily see the road coming up. There is other software like i-Go which had a sort of 3D but has very limited POI's.. Both require over air sections of map to be updated via 3G data on the fly. My experience is that it can be laggy especially outside of city area's. The good news is TomTom are or have made a version for the Android OS. I have TomTom on my iPhone and it is excellent!!

David

s44gtw...

I am moving from a 'Tank' Insignia to an iQ3 and have done loads of reasearch re the small car market!! I have in the past always liked quirky cars & run Mg midgets & frogeye sprites... so an iQ for me was the way to go!

The Up!/Citigo/Mii are all new out look OK... ish mpg figures inaccurate (ive had & tried them all) they lack something, err the word quality springs to mind! whilst the iQ is not the best re consumption from my point of view felt the nicest of all to be in yes.. yes its really only got 3 seats or 2 as I will use it as a glorified small van.. but in the front it seems well put together & robustish... time will tell.