Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Iq In Oct?

caffrey

s44gtw...

I am moving from a 'Tank' Insignia to an iQ3 and have done loads of reasearch re the small car market!! I have in the past always liked quirky cars & run Mg midgets & frogeye sprites... so an iQ for me was the way to go!

The Up!/Citigo/Mii are all new out look OK... ish mpg figures inaccurate (ive had & tried them all) they lack something, err the word quality springs to mind! whilst the iQ is not the best re consumption from my point of view felt the nicest of all to be in yes.. yes its really only got 3 seats or 2 as I will use it as a glorified small van.. but in the front it seems well put together & robustish... time will tell.

Yeah those cars lack the quirkiness, they don't appeal to me at all - it's just an alternative choice, my problem is lack of interest at Toyota, they've pretty much done nothing to the car in three years yet the price has gone up and is going up (ok inflation - but my wages haven't inflated at all in 3 years ;p) Shame toyota didn't promote the supercharged version - I wouldn't be starting this thread then - next quirky car i'm looking at is a twingo 133 - the kind of car toyota should produce imo.

IQ is definitely great quality, jumped in that 182 and the interior was awful, one of the things that put me off, but tbh I don't spend a lot of time in the car it just gets me from A to B on the most boring of roads for 15 miles a day.

Rob1769, I've been driving odd cars too for all my 24 years of driving :) build quality isn't usually a priority for me, reliability is.

Can i suggest you have a look into your Skoda Dealer. And try to get a road test.Skoda Fabia vRS newer than 2010.Petrol 1390 cc, Supercharger & Turbocharger 178 bhp, DSG box, 42 mpg ave easily (well actually 22 - 60 mpg)Supercharger comes in to 2400 revs then the Turbo as well, till 3500, then just turbo.*same engine & box as Polo GTi, SEAT Cupra, Audi A1 182bhp*

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Now available in low mileage 18,000 month old from under £10,000 at none Skoda dealers & Skoda dealers.There is a Scare over High Oil Usage & Engine Failures, thats rubbish, can be dealt with under the Warranty, & the cars are quite amazing. Very few use lots of Oil, The OIl needs checked when Hot & there have been cars getting run with the wrong Quantity.Fabia is the Ugliest of the 4 'Twin Charger Cars', but has the same seating position as a iQ.

*You would get over 45 mpg on a 15 mile trip, but the Oil would only be up to temperature by the time you stopped, if you kept going for 5 more miles you would be getting 52 mpg.*

george

Plenty like this for sale privately.

Or even the Estate version. Even available in more Q car colours.

post-104736-0-28860600-1346919809_thumb.

Ok went to my very friendly dealer today and they confirmed that there is no iQ4 just a change across iQ 1,2,3. They said they have all models held at their holding facility and delivery in 1-2 weeks. If fact they had an iQ1 that a customer ordered a couple of weeks ago and showed it to me. It was black with black and white leather seats which had a hole in the headrest. I took a pic of the center cosul and will upload it later as im on my iPhone writing this. Unfortunately, it was a base model with manual air con so dont know if thete is an obvious change. The salesman said normally the cover of the radio is Red but now its colour coded to the interior. Woooopie!! All outside looked the same and had standard wheels. They confirmed all listed changes published on here. So a new version ordered today should take 3 weeks. If you dont want to wait eons for one call toyota lancaster at Gallows corner A12. They have loads available.

David

Here is a pic of the centre consul of a new upgraded iQ 1 this was ordered by a customer at my local dealers 2 weeks ago and I am assured it is of the uplifted model. Personally I can't see any changes other than it not having a red top. People who own an IQ with manual air con may see a difference

David

post-109788-0-92886900-1346957635_thumb.

Maybe they're giving the iQ its last refresh before bringing out one in a new shape, that would come with Touch and Go, and the new shape at the front.

Would make sense, they've facelifted pretty much the rest of the range, altho it's a pretty bland update. The cars in the showroom all looked the same, they've all got that bland "pinched nose" front end. The only nice car in there was the GT86.

Weird that there was no IQ in the showroom, not like they take up a lot of space.

there also looks like a chrome piping to the left of the centre consul where the top padded area meets the panel where the "glove box " fits. Seats were nice, gave it an executive feel. If it had climate control and satnav I would have fell in love with it all over again.

David

Can't believe the stick the VW UP is getting! Have you actually driven one?? I'm the guy that part ex my IQ and got an UP and I'll be brutally honest the quality and build completely puts the IQ to shame. The IQ was getting too expensive and I did have niggling doubts wether it would be a down grade but they were unfounded the VW up is a fantastic city car and a lot more fit for purpose. To get it in the same league style wise you have to go to the high up trim with sports pack ;) but its a lot better value. I'm not raining on people's parade but the new IQ thread caught my eye and reading the posts about fisher price cars and tacky and I coudnt disagree more. there's a reason it's won so many awards.

I am pleased that you are happy with your Up!, and that it is of a good build Quality.

You might have noticed that the 'Car of the Year' awards etc where awarded by Magazines & Motoring journalists before any were actually even being Driven by many Private Owners.

(so unlikely awards from the vote of owners or even people likely to buy with their own cash money)

Strange to make 2012 awards at the beginning of 2012 & its only now September & still very few of the cars being driven or driven for any lenght of time or mileage put on them..

No doubt they will get Used Car Awards before the whole range is even out on the roads.

Not saying that some Magazines will say that certain Manufacturers cars are great, even before they even drive them.

*Well actually, i will say that, they have their favourites and that seems to be VAG cars,

Volkswagen Audi Group, VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat.

They seem to be off Ford these days.

Skoda was winning awards & people were still trying to get orders accepted & where waiting for the cars.

THe ASG gearbox has still not become available & you can not get a Dealer to confirm when you can order and be given a 'Build Date'

I look forward to driving one as soon as i can.

I wish a Dealer or Skoda UK would tell me when that will be.

I have not Driven a manual because i can only drive Automatics,

been taken out in a couple or 'Up!''s and several 'Citigos' now with others driving , trying to help diagnose the noises.

Not been in a Mii, and not even seen one yet.

There is the 'whine in 5 th gear & the Induction type noise that is very evident at certain speeds but also on Run on, when off the throttle.

Thats along with the clunky gear change that some are getting, but i have not heard or felt that.

Some people just do not give cars a chance to bed in or run in.

(I wish they would read the Owners Manual)

To my mind and opinion, the noise was just that of cars built to be light & with very little sound deadening.

I never thought there was anything wrong with them, just buyers used to more refined and bigger cars.

The rear window water leaks are being dealt with under warranty, people are getting the Drivers seat leaver replaced when they break,

& the very Thin Sidewalls on the Eco tyres are just something that is part and parcel of Economic Vehicles and to be expected.

(best that anyone buys the spare wheel, if they do stick with the Tyres that come with the 14" on steels or the 15" alloys)

I am sure there are many many great cars out there & snagging problems can be expected like with any new design,

just like its taken Toyota 3 years to find out almost all the iQ's sort falls.

http://www.upownersc...tre_forum2.html

Time will tell if the Plastics and mechanical components are Fisher Price like or not.

Personally i have childs 'Toys' about my house that are more robust than some new cars, from many manufacturers. Toys that are Decades old.

'Fisher Price' used to be good quality plastic and almost unbreakable in a childs hands..

george

Off topic, but might interest some. Nothing to do with me,

but this is a Citigo that someone has bought new & and is about to put into it an Audi TT 1.8T Engine.

post-104736-0-39297700-1347017954_thumb.

post-104736-0-95309100-1347017972_thumb.

post-104736-0-36621000-1347017989_thumb.

post-104736-0-36260600-1347018009_thumb.

post-104736-0-31839300-1347018026_thumb.

post-104736-0-15563000-1347018040_thumb.

post-104736-0-14935800-1347018055_thumb.

Gosh I got a bit bored reading through all that. No problems here but will see, Toyota realibility is top of the class but they have priced there self out of the market now with the IQ far more car for your money still in a compact package with the up. Just an observation from both sides of the fence I loved my IQ but ereally surprised with the interior quality in the VW. Toyota will have to step there game up or VW will be over taking them well before there 2018 target!

Sorry to have bored you, i do go on.

Personally i just dont bother reading stuff if it does not interest me. Lifes too short.

Let us know how the car holds 'Up! then.

Not sure they will be overtaking very much, maybe the odd cyclist.

(Sorry, my jokes are as bad as my stories!)

george

Scored myself a 2 year old Twingo RS 133 this weekend, still Toyota made no effort - so they can't be bothered with retentions I guess, oh well it was a nice 3 years.

Enjoy youir new car, i am sure it will be a blast.

I am in Toyota Dealerships quite oiften as i am also in other Manufacturers retailers.

I really do not uderstand the attitude take by most of them.

I have asked often about Trade in cars thart might be coming in, & they have no interested in what you are after.

I have tried to buy new and get the information on what car i want, spec etc and maybe delaying ordering, and just get blanked or rubbered mostly.

Obviously they put me down as a time waster, even tho i would uby and have several times.

(usually the good salesparson has moved on when you go back, hopefully to work with nicer people and earn some good money)

My partner gets treated the same without me there, & i see it happening to other customers when i am in showrooms.

*Do they just profile customers thety want & dismiss wasteres & buyers of iQ's, and then lose sales & customers?

Thats a generalisation, & not a serious suggestion ,but i do often i wonder*

Audi sales people can be a bunch of jumped up posers, they do not half take offence if you make negative comments on their product or question how long it takes to order & get built or get a vehicle supplied.

They sare doing you a favour in even dealing with you.

but

Toyota sales people just amaze me in there lack of interest to many customers..

Best i have ever experienced is Honda, yet i have never bought or owned a Honda.

Shame on me really.

george

When I went to the toyota garage it was deserted - I stood there for 5 mins before going to reception and asking for a salesperson then I got the impression i'd interrupted something!

Mind you renault weren't much better, I got a sense of morale being quite low there and they didn't expect to make a sale with me.

Always a fine balance between jumping on someone as they walk through the door or leaving them to take a look in the showroom first, however, one thing that should always happen is some eye to eye contact and a warm greeting, those that fail are not usually in the job very long and quite rightly so :thumbsup:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Often an Employee that fails will not last long.

(Sometimes not deserved.)

There are times that you find a Dealership is still family Owned, run or staffed.

Sometimes it is the Family member that should be moved on.

Senior sales staff came through the business trained their way.

Different times now,

& not always the dealerships tradiional customers possibly.

Some rural Dealerships will keep that Farming and local custom come hell or high water tho.

One local Family run business is very sucsessful in their cars trade, or so it appears.

They lost Toyota & Subaru & trundle on with Vauhall & Kia.

Probably just as well that the wealth was Inherited money, along with land,

and they can play with selling cars, collecting cars and Historic cars sales and racing.

Not all car dealerships are what they seem.

george

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links