Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Digital Speedo Not Working

cakeben

My wife has got a 2001 Yaris 1.0 GS and the speedo is reading zero (not just when standing still smile.png ) I have read the codes and it is showing P0501 (Veh Speed Sensor A Range/Performance. So I have bought and fitted a new speed sensor, still not working. Just had it in at the main dealers and they have said the box will need to come out as the problem is in there. I was thinking it could be a fault with the intrument cluster, a wiring fault, a duff part or as they have confirmed something in the gearbox. Does anyone know what fails in the box? Should I look at getting that part replaced or would we be better sourcing a second had box?

Thanks in advance, Dave..

Reading Haynes:

The speed sensor is mounted on top of the gearbox at the rear.

The retaining bolt can be removed after unplugging the sensor wiring..and the sensor lifted out. There is a clip below the mounting flange which must be removed and replaced on the new sensor. Fit a new O ring.

No mention of gearbox removal...

Thanks for the response but I have already fitted a new speed sensor but I still have the same fault. The dealers tells us that something inside the gearbox has failed.

• 8 years later...

Hi i have the same problem with my 2009 Yaris 1.0, How did you manage to fix the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links