Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Discount Should I Be Looking To Get?

benxt5

Whilst I have mooted that I am considering selling the rav, I have also said that it has been my favourite all round car that I have owned thus far (the Mazda MPS was a joy to drive but a very expensive mistress).

I have just collected my rav from Mr T following its 60k service and a fix on the aircon. All is well with it but my eye was drawn to a white xtr with the "go" satnav and then drawn to the 0% finance and then I got a little excited!

Long story short, I have a test drive and a chat about px and money on Saturday morning so I am wondering what discount I should expect off a brand new one considering they are selling off the stock before the brand new model comes out in March and also what px value I might get for a decent 56reg xt5 with 62k. Any bartering tips would also be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Doesn't matter if you get nothing off the list price if you get a massively inflated trade in and vice versa -it's the bit in the middle that counts.

If you ring up carfile.net or similar you will know what the no trade in price is. If you phone webuyanycar or similar you'll have an idea of what the true value is for your trade in (not saying its the correct price but it will be indicative.

Subtract one from the other and see how close you can get from your dealer.

Ben, I get that same feeling every time I go into my Toyota main dealers. I,ve got my eye on a 2010 XTR diesel at the moment, trouble is it,s for sale at the Subaru dealers next door, but it is a beauty Tyrol Silver 5000 miles and a Chrome grille!!!!. He,s already dropped the price by £1000 to £18000,am tempted. The only draw back is it is Auto and I have never driven an Auto-box.

Regards Clare

Ben, I get that same feeling every time I go into my Toyota main dealers. I,ve got my eye on a 2010 XTR diesel at the moment, trouble is it,s for sale at the Subaru dealers next door, but it is a beauty Tyrol Silver 5000 miles and a Chrome grille!!!!. He,s already dropped the price by £1000 to £18000,am tempted. The only draw back is it is Auto and I have never driven an Auto-box.

Regards Clare

Just take it for a test drive Clare.............you know you want to :yes:

Not sure how much you would benefit from an auto on the Island but having just done 2600 miles in an auto across that Canada I can vouch for the advantages on extended journeys - simply point and shoot so to speak.

Regards Clare

Auto is a big drop in mpg too, 54mpg down to 47mpg, otherwise I would have considered auto.

While i'm here, can I bring this to your attentions! :euro:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180967075754

Goodnight all...

Ben

Auto is a big drop in mpg too, 54mpg down to 47mpg, otherwise I would have considered auto.

Ben

54MPG is a Manual RAV4 is a very ambitious target and I doubt if 1% of drivers could achieve that or close to it!

and 47MPG from an auto is even less likely - I would love to get just 40MPG from mine

Clare, if you could handle the poor economy then the Auto is a great drive :thumbsup:

Mine is similar to Gus's.

Clare

Go and drive that 2010 auto. It is delightful coupled up to the 150 engine.

Take your purse though!!!

Clare remember just how much time you have to spend cleaning and washing your Urban Cruiser . . . The Rav has to have at least twice as much to wash . . . . Stay away :D

Well, I have a test drive in the morning in a white Xtr 2.2 with the posh google sat nav thing. I have worked out two prices, an optimum (cheeky) deal and the maximum I will pay. The closer to the cheeky price they can get, in terms of px, discount and acsessories (especially the style pack), the more likely that I will walk away with a recept for a new rav!!!

I'll keep you posted...