Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rta With A Virgin Media Van At A Mini Roundabout

The Game

Hi all

Today i was going to work in my Yaris approaching a mini roundabout at around 20mph. Road is clear on my right, opposite a car is approaching roundabout but not close plus not indicating. On the left hand side Virgin Media Ford Transit comes out when im about a car length from entering the roundabout and cuts over the central white area of roundabout turning right in to the road i was coming in from.

My right hand front wing has hit the van approximatley at the arch of his rear tyre. No damage to van at all, not even a scratch.

Virgin van guy's came out and the driver goes ballistic at me effing this and effing that and then thrusting his chest in my face to provoke me. Accuses me of speeding and then goes mental when i tell him its his fault as he came out in front of me and then even stopped on top of the white circle which forced me to hit him as i had no room to my left to avoid him.

I called the police because of his aggression but they said they cant do anything as no one was hurt.

At one stage he didn't want to give me his name but he was reminded by his fellow virgin guy that he had to as it was the law.

Driver who was approaching mini roundabaout from opposite side to me, stopped to see if he could assist and told me i had done nothing wrong and then he was verbally abused by Virgin hot head for colluding with me as if he was my mate or something.

Is it my fault? My car is damaged (see pic) but not even a scratch on his?

Insurance company says its a tough one because as they told me "we hate mini roundabout claims". Ive contacted Virgin to complain about behaviour of the chap and am awaiting a call back from them as they look into the matter.

See my reply in the Yaris forum where you have also posted the same text.

Mini roundabouts are a pain, whilst drivers need to give way to the right it's often a 'split second' decision due to the size of them. Speed counts for nothing in claims without proof (which neither part have). Your best bet would be hoping the other person who saw it acts as a witness in your favour that he just pulled out but because you hit him on the rear wheel arch it suggests he was already established on the roundabout so i'd assume best terms are 50/50.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links