Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rta With Virgin Media Van At Mini Roundabout

The Game

Dead easy answer to this!

"Had an accident? Not your fault?"

You have seen the posters and read the script. I could have napped this would happen, I see it every single day. You were told it was likely to go this way from very early on in the thread. Sorry and all that but you hit the back of his van :eek: He is trying his luck with a "no win no fee" company most likely, and he see's ££££'s in his eyes!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I hit the side of the van as he turned to do a right turn at the mini roundabaout but he didn't go around the circle and was right in front of me...so...does this class as hitting the back of the van?

i was going straight over to opposite side and 3rd party came out from left.

Ive raised a complaint with Virgin Media. Waiting to hear from their regional head now.

I should have claimed injury myself as i was advised by friends but i have been honest and claimed nowt

Dead easy answer to this!

"Had an accident? Not your fault?"

You have seen the posters and read the script. I could have napped this would happen, I see it every single day. You were told it was likely to go this way from very early on in the thread. Sorry and all that but you hit the back of his van :eek: He is trying his luck with a "no win no fee" company most likely, and he see's ££££'s in his eyes!!

With you all the way on this.

After I was rear ended i had messages practically berating me for not claiming and one of them was from the other drivers insurance co

Del

Virtually everyone here said that regardless of how right you think you are you could not 'win'. You've given the nest a good shake and now the occupants are coming out.

So the insurance companies will be spending lots of time (= money) beating this to death and probably settling 50:50 in the end anyway - and the bills for all this will of course bump up everyone's premiums again next year.

Ugh, my sympathies mate. The whole injury claim culture is one of the worst american practices to come over here.

Heck, my dad bumped the back of a golf some months back; The guy braked really hard for no reason (I suspect deliberately trying to cause an accident from my brother's description of the whole thing) and my dad barely stopped in time, but there was still a light tap and the guy was claiming whiplash despite the fact the tap was so light there was no damage to either car, or even a scratch to either bumper.

The guy claimed injury and because there is so little legislation or medical proof either way about whiplash injuries the asshat got away with it. My dad's insurance didn't even fight it, they just paid up!

It seems the only way to 'win' is to be an evil ***** as well :(

But you can usually quickly tell if someone is going to do something like that - If there is an accident and the other person is calm and sensible, then you can come to some compromise.

If the other person starts eff'ing and blinding from the get go, it's a fair bet they're going to try and screw you for as much as they can so the only way forward is to do the same and see how things pan out.

If this keeps up, I have a feeling things will go like Hong Kong, where most cars have front and rear cameras to record because of crap like this...

I hit the side of the van as he turned to do a right turn at the mini roundabaout but he didn't go around the circle and was right in front of me...so...does this class as hitting the back of the van?

It does not matter what I think, when you hit the back of somebody (back of the van in your words) then you can pretty much say its your fault, regardless of the exact circumstances. Just about everybody on here said the same, I'm sorry but that is how it works these days. The van driver is trying his luck just like everyoe else does, very sad, but not a lot you can do about it is there?

Yes usually it's your fault if you run into the back of an other vehicle. Side on though could be eithers fault. Could mean they were there already or pulled out on you.

A friend of ours had an accident on a mini roundabout. They were already on the roundabout when a car entered it and a collision occurred. Straight away the other party tried to blame our friend and indeed it could of easily been our friends fault from who hit who and the position of the cars. But witnesses came forward and the CCTV cameras covering the outside of the hospital caught the incident. The other party even called the Police in on it, only for it to be firmly rebuffed.

At the end of the day the insurance companies will make there decision and there is little in anyone's control over what they say.

Its a sad situation for everyone. Seems like its pointless to have an eye witness as well. Just claim injury and make money even if its your own fault and other people saw it.

Im sure Fujitsu his employer are paying him plenty of sick pay now as well.

I personally have never and will never claim injury unless i really was injured.

Thanks for all your responses. I sympathise with your friends and family members who have had similar unfortunate instances happen to them :disgust:

• 6 months later...

Hi

This one is still not settled. Latest is that it might go to court. Solicitor appointed by my insurance company has asked me for photos, diagrams etc..

Ive seen third party's claims of what happend and he states that i was a) Speeding b) Didin't try and stop when he entered roundabout c) He hurt his neck and shoulder.

Point a) cant prove it as its my word against his although independent eye witness backs me up

b) I did brake but had no chance of avoiding him when he was on my side of the road

c) His van had not even a scratch whilst my Yaris had slight wing damage and borken lights. Bizarre that he is injured.

Hope Judge see's through his lies and what could have been a 50/50 settlement might go in my favour. Either way i dont need to pay anything even if it goes 3rd partys way, im just helping my insurance company out who seem determined to push this all the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Something similar happened to my mother last December, she was on a one way street (two lanes) in town and the chap on the left of her decided he wanted to get into her lane but he didn't look properly and pulled over and smashed right into her. Our Yaris was a write off but his van didn't get a scratch (as per usual). We thought this had all been settled several months ago as we got some compensation that went towards buying our new Yaris, but have recently received a letter saying they are disputing what happened. We have to provide details of the prang, my mother can't remember everything (she was driving alone), and she's just recently been very ill in hospital and only just come out. All very unsettling.

Please keep me (us) updated on what happens in your case, I am very interested.

(We also have an eye witness as well).

• 6 months later...

Hi

Update at last. Going to court on January 7th 2014. Have heard through solicitor representing my insurance company that 3rd party has lost his job. Possibly due to his behaviour. Anyway solicitors are confident judgement will go in our favour they tell me.

• 3 months later...

Yep. As predicted early on in this thread - 50/50, no point in going to law on it.

Now the legal costs (plus the van driver's injury claim which probably would never have happened if the incident hadn't been seriously contested) will all add a bit onto everyone's premiums next year. :bash: