Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Guidance Please

taskdg

Hi all... new member here. Hello!

Just bought a 53 plate (09/2003) 1.6 VVT-i T3 in Metallic Grey with 107k on the clock. Very tidy example on the face of things. Does this car have a different reference number, I've seen people refer to E12 and numbers such as that?

It has a fairly good service history. Any things we should look out for?

We'd like to put the little spoiler above the rear window and it looks like the screen wash filler cap is missing so any tips for that too will be much appreciated.

Strangely it has rear parking sensors but I think they are aftermarket or are they factory fitted?

Anyway any guidance or advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Not really up with these shape corollas but ill try.

The car on a 53 plate would be an prefacelift E12 corolla.

TTE (toyota team europe) made body parts for most of the range and did a lovely kit for the E12. Genuine TTE parts are very rare and can be quite expensive. Theres a genuine TTE spoiler on eBay for a good price atm if its something you were looking for. Beware of cheep fibreglass copies as the fit on them is rubbish.

The washer jet could be either picked up from toyota, ive found them quite reasonable in prices. Or picked up of a car being broken for parts for not alot.

Any other questions fire away, im sure a E12 owner will be along to answer In abit more detail anyway

Steven,

Thanks for the advice - at least now I know what people are talking about when they say prefacelift and E12 !

Does anyone know if there is a guide to the Corolla model numbers and changes made?

I'll have a look for that spoiler :)

It's actually the cap from the washer bottle in the engine bay that's missing, the jets work fine but probably need a little gunge cleaning out of them to make them perfect.

So any prefacelift E12 owners care to share some more advice following on from these posts, would be much appreciated.

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive guide to the Corolla model numbers and changes made over the years?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links