Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Fix For Vvti Oil Consumption - Does It Work?

talldave

I've got a 1998 1.8 petrol Avensis (7A-FE). When I bought this in 2005 I avoided the 1.8 VVTI because of the oil consumption problem.

I'm now considering buying a 2009 Corolla Verso with the 1.8 VVTI engine.

The question is: does the modification made by Toyota in 2005 fix the oil consumption problem.

I'd like to hear any views from people who have had the new short engine or from people who have a post 2005 VVTI. Does anyone still have any problems?

I've got a 1998 1.8 petrol Avensis (7A-FE). When I bought this in 2005 I avoided the 1.8 VVTI because of the oil consumption problem.

I'm now considering buying a 2009 Corolla Verso with the 1.8 VVTI engine.

The question is: does the modification made by Toyota in 2005 fix the oil consumption problem.

I'd like to hear any views from people who have had the new short engine or from people who have a post 2005 VVTI. Does anyone still have any problems?

Your 1998 Avensis was a great car and never matched in my humble opinion by anything that followed it in the reliability stakes anyway.

I've not heard of any 1.8vvti engines post 2005 having any problems with oil burning and my mate who works for Toyota confirmed this so I guess you could buy with confidence as long as it has good service history.

regards .... Pete.