Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Question.....

paulnanrod

I'm sure some of you remember the post (about 3 months ago) where I bought a 2004 Rav4 and the brake calipers were held together with plastic cable ties. The other issue I had was the radio cutting in and out at random times. After spitting my dummy out and harassing the garage I bought the car from in Glasgow I have (FINALLY) today received the replacement head unit.

There is an issue. No surprise as there has been nothing but problems with this garage.

The radio in my Rav4 is the Toyota 58812. They have sent me the Toyota 58806. Is this going to be an issue?

The only difference (from googling) I can see is that the 58806 is from slightly older Rav4s, but size looks the same. I haven't taken the head unit out, so don't know what the connectors are like on the back, and hoped someone on here would know the difference?

Thanks in advance......and if it was fair to name them on here I would advise anyone to avoid a garage on the outskirts of Glasgow.........hideous to deal with....

At a guess, Paul, I would think and hope the 58812 only differs by the fact it also has the facility to control a multi CD disc changer (as in ma wee wife's car.) Try fitting it and see if it works, but if you have said CD changer, you MAY have a problem.

SHCM is due his lunchtime 3 hour stint shortly on the forum, and sometimes he knows what he is talking about on things electrical.

As to naming and shaming a garage near me....fire away a PM if you wish in order that they can be avoided....????

Big Kev

Thanks for the help. I don't have the changer so fingers crossed it's ok.

I need to get the old one out to check the differences.....anyone with electrical experience that can tell me if there are any differences before i pull my finger out and change the radio would be appreciated...

Thanks

Paul

The connectors are very often common - I don't know off the top of my head if there are any significant differences, but I'd expect not. It's fairly quick and easy to get the headunit out and have a look.

Connector info here:

http://www.toyotaown...showtopic=86114