Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E Brake Pads

zinc

Just wanted to pass on an observation I made today when exiting the M56,as I slowed towards the roundabout on the exit, the brake pedal went down rapidly followed by an interesting graunching noise.I rolled up the bank to find a brake disc under the car, it was totally worn down to the stell backing plate and had managed to come out of the caliper too which Ive never known to happen,also,oddly there has been no grinding or scraping noises prior to this and no problems until it decided to go AWOL,so it may be worth other people having a quick check on their pads

I have seen this occur on numerous ocassions but in most cases it was due to wear the caliper slider pins or discs had become badly worn thus increasing the gap between piston and disc.

When were your pads last checked?

The other pad was well worn too, but there is no wear at all on the disc itself, the odd thing was no warning grinding noise when i freewheeled down the hill first thing in the morning, ive worn plenty of pads out in the past but always heard about it when the baking plate contacts the disc.