Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dmf Gulp

Deano43

Hiya Toyota ppl how can I find out if my 55 plate rav 4 ,3door D4D has got a solid or DMF thingy cuz I been reading other posts on the subject and I'm scared pmsl cheers ppl

Hi Deano,

your motor will have been fitted with a DMF by Toyota during manufacture. No easy way to check if it has been changed without dismantling. Is there any service history which mentions work having been done on the flywheel/clutch? If it was done by a dealer it will have been another Toyota DMF, if by an independent it could be either DMF or SMF. Have you any symptoms which suggest that you have a problem or is it just a general concern? How many miles has it done? Has it been used for towing?

Hi three5 I've only just got the car and I've noticed wen you go through the gears and are in 5th whilst using the throttle ie keeping a a constant speed I hear a grinding noise but wen I touch the clutch it goes away so naturally I'm seeing pound notes going out of my wallet , it's done 107k full service hist not been used to tow I've only had the dam thing 4 days ffs .

Did you buy it from a trader? If so ask them to fix it or refund your dough.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links