Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Liquid Transformations For The Iq Interior

surfcitylocal

Many thanks to the great guys at Liquid Transformations for all the hard work they put into my interior. I removed the pieces I wanted covered and sent them up to Spokane Washington. Jeff, PJ and Derek got to work and made them look amazing. I chose a burlwood pattern and they did a fantastic job of covering the parts with the water transfer process.

Here are some pictures of the work they did.

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1700.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSCN1807.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

DSCN1824.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

I am extremely pleased with the pattern and the workmanship on these parts. If you are thinking of getting a dash stick on kit, check out Liquid Transformations first.

www.liquidtransformations.com

Taz, that is absolutely effing gorgeous. I love it :clap:

I thought the shifter knob looked too high so I cut the shaft and remounted it. I think it looks much better now.

DSCN1841.jpg

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1839.jpg

I think this is the same process I've been looking at doing at home on a smaller scale.

Is it where you float a thin transfer on the surface of water and with some chemicals the ink comes off and floats on the surface. You then dip the part carefully and slowly through the ink and it transfers to the part.

Looks great though, Maybe a few too many wood parts for my taste but great none the less, Very nice glossy surface on them too. :)

Craig.

That's exactly how they do it Craig. Water transfer printing, Hydro-graphics, vinyl dipping, there are several names for the same process.

The guys at Liquid Transformations have some videos on their site of how they do it, they even have a "dip-cam" so I was able to watch my parts being done on line!

There is a lot of prep involved as well before the dip i done and follow up work after. I'm extremely pleased with the outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiquidSpokane

Hi Taz

I think the process and result is truly amazing. My only problem is i'm not a lover of wood. It reminds me of a Jaguar or a Daimler. That said i would like my interior to be a high gloss ebony. Either way its excellent and your right to be very proud of it.

David

My sister used to have one of those i had a Austin Princess Vandan Plas. All wood ans verry polished. No idea how they did that in the 70's

David

My sister used to have one of those i had a Austin Princess Vandan Plas. All wood ans verry polished. No idea how they did that in the 70's

David

Real wood veneers. Non of your plastic stuff. http://www.originalmarquetry.co.uk/category_Burr_Veneers_1.htm

It's burr walnut, not burl. :)

You know I always thought it was Burr, but on reading Taz's Burl I fought I'd misunderstood all this time :S

Very nice Taz. Like others here, I can appreciate the work done, and how good it looks, but I'm not keen on wood in any car, even a Roller. I quite like a matt finish as to something shiny. I'm not keen on reflections inside a car, as many can be seen on the inside of the windscreen. Distractions, there are plenty of those outside the car, especially in the summer -warmer days of it anyway- if you know what I mean? Extremely nice work though.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. The burlwood is is only one of the thousands of patterns they offer.

As for the reflection, it's not a problem at all. The sun doesn't seem to hit any of the interior pieces to cause any glare. I do have tinted windows so maybe that helps a bit.