Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid Missing Specification

Robinhood24

Hi

Just got a yaris hybrid tspirit with panoramic roof and found it did not have electric blinds as was stated when i did the configure your car on line . Also no speed limiter as stated in brochure .

And body else taken delivery and not got what they expected

My T Spirit was missing driver's centre armrest with blue stitching and the luggage compartment raised deck board - both not fitted on any UK cars - TGB brochure errors. The latter can be retro fitted from the accessories.(£50 ish). Re the factory fit optional panoramic roof, I also expected to have the advertised power blinds but they are in fact manual, another TGB specification error. The glass roof also does away with the vanity mirror lights on account of space with the blinds retracting. Did you have the "GO" sat nav option? If so there is a map update available and if your car does not have that latest version your dealer should update it for free bearing in mind your car is so new. Hope that helps.

Don't know where this "your dealer will update for free" came from, not seen it anywhere in our documentation. You SHOULD register your Touch and Go through the portal, that way, you will receive notifications about updates, "how to" videos etc

https://customerport...EN-GB&brandid=1

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi

I think toyota have put a lot of miss information out when they first put the specs out in high medium and low bands the high band had smart door entry only found out i was not getting that the day after i ordered .

The brochure if downloaded shows cruise control with speed limiter in the specs for tspirit .

I will checkout my nav software version to see if its the latest version .

At least im happy with the rest of the car just took the shine off it a bit when i collected it .

Have seen the deck board on toyota europe accesseries i think it was 113 euros does not appear on uk site

Don't know where this "your dealer will update for free" came from, not seen it anywhere in our documentation. You SHOULD register your Touch and Go through the portal, that way, you will receive notifications about updates, "how to" videos etc

https://customerport...EN-GB&brandid=1

Mine was updated FOC via the dealer to the current latest map version and in conjunction with TGB. Customer download direct from the TUK website "owners" section it costs £109 !! Would you expect to pay this on a brand new car only a few days old which did not have the latest map version installed on its factory fitted 'GO' option ??

Hi

I am registered did it tuesday same day as i got the car software 1.7.5.L

Will put the toyota software on pc and touch and go on usb

Thanks

Hi

I am registered did it tuesday same day as i got the car software 1.7.5.L

Will put the toyota software on pc and touch and go on usb

Thanks

Did you get the 1.7.5L map update from your dealer or did you download it via the TGB website - owners section at £109 ?

Mine was updated FOC via the dealer to the current latest map version and in conjunction with TGB. Customer download direct from the TUK website "owners" section it costs £109 !! Would you expect to pay this on a brand new car only a few days old which did not have the latest map version installed on its factory fitted 'GO' option ??

BassaJay, calm down dear! I'm not having a go, yes I would expect the latest map on the sat nav and yes it should be installed HOWEVER you got the latest update in conjunction with TGB and the dealer. What I'm saying is this is not something you can automatically go into your dealer with and get a free update. Your dealer would have to get authority off Toyota in order to do it. Your post inferred it was something anybody could turn up with and have done, it's not, anybody reading this needs to know they DO NOT get an automatic update without having to get approval first, at least at the moment anyway

BassaJay, calm down dear! I'm not having a go, yes I would expect the latest map on the sat nav and yes it should be installed HOWEVER you got the latest update in conjunction with TGB and the dealer. What I'm saying is this is not something you can automatically go into your dealer with and get a free update. Your dealer would have to get authority off Toyota in order to do it. Your post inferred it was something anybody could turn up with and have done, it's not, anybody reading this needs to know they DO NOT get an automatic update without having to get approval first, at least at the moment anyway

You obviously did not note that I stipulated my car was only a few days old at the time !! Therefore, IMO, any dealer worth their salt should persue this update on behalf of their customer with TGB. Hopefully that would apply with Lindops? Even I would not expect this on car which was other than a few days old, at the end of the day it is down to TGB's discretion.

Yes i did note that, thanks

I think any dealer would help you get it updated, all I'm saying is there is no AUTOMATIC update available

It would be interesting to know what is on the update

Hi

On the system page it shows my map as eul20110321

From what i have read on the net there is a eul20120620

Any body having trouble getting the important update to load onto the t&g after backing it up usb stick and downloading update from toyota toolbox on to usb stick .

Then t&g finding it then deciding there is no upgrade

Putting apps on work ok

Ive been on to toyota about all my issues waiting a response.

Sorry bassajay

Did not answer your question

Every thing on the T&G was on the car when i picked it up tuesday Ive since put a free app on because im having trouble getting the important update to load on to the T&G and just tried it to see if it worked

I think 1.7.5.l is the software running the T&G and eul20110321 is the map version

Sorry bassajay

Did not answer your question

Every thing on the T&G was on the car when i picked it up tuesday Ive since put a free app on because im having trouble getting the important update to load on to the T&G and just tried it to see if it worked

I think 1.7.5.l is the software running the T&G and eul20110321 is the map version

You are quite right, the 1.7.5L is indeed the software version.

When I first got my car the map version installed was EUL20110321 and following the 'free' dealer performed update back in mid August it now shows the latest version of EUL20120620. The only apps I have installed are the Glass Of Water & Weather ones, no problems with those.

IMO you should raise the map update with dealer/TGB for a free upgrade as I did especially as your car is so new. When I got my car that map update had only just been announced but really with your car, the dealer must have been well aware of this update and should IMO have checked and installed the new version for you at PDI..

The car I am really pleased with but as with you, the missing spec parts did tend to take off the gloss somewhat. Anyhow, I hope your's provides much enjoyment and good luck with the map update.

Thanks

Bassajay

I will be getting a call from the sales man any time so ill mention it to him and ill wait for toyota to get back to me

Wiil post again when i have any news

Thanks

Lots of discussion about map versions but no comment about how well the routing works with the maps it's got.

I find with my 2010 Prius that the satnav often takes very devious routes on major roads and ignores the straightforward shorter option using perfectly acceptable minor roads. Have you noticed whether this happens with the newer systems?

Hi

Bassajay

Just had the latest software 1.7.9 and maps 20120620 installed at my local dealership

They have spoken to toyota and from now this will be done in the PDI check so all new cars with touch and go should have everything upto date . From my local dealership.

The maps on the usb drive will only load if yor car has done less than 200kms.

• 1 year later...

does anyone know if about a year after purchasing my Toyota yaris hybrid T4, is is possible to have a glass roof fitted?

Anything's possible, but if you mean can a factory spec sunroof be fitted? then the answer will be a no.

Can you fit a sunroof? Sure, BUT it can affect your insurance and it can also affect the stability of your car in a crash.

Stick with your a/c or buy a new car with a sunroof. (not meant to sound harsh)

if using genuine parts and a good body shop as it is a different panel i would just trade you car for one with the pan roof

Alex