Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go - The Good & The Bad!

Richard Overfield

Hello all. I'm new to the forum, have owned an Aygo for a year, and wanted to share my experiences with owners and prospective owners.

I have gone from a Mercedes CLK280 to an Aygo Go, which was a big step down in terms of performance, but a massive step up in fuel economy.

I have done 8000 miles in the first year and have been really happy with the car. The only flat I have had is that the drivers seatbelt catch went intermittent, meaning I could sometimes not plug in the seatbelt, and sometimes it would not release, trapping me in the car! The Toyota dealer ordered the part which came the next day, and it was fitted within half an hour. Excellent service! A few friends have also purchased Aygo's after asking me for feedback. I am genuinely surprised by just how nice it is to drive, and how economical it is with careful driving (I am getting about 450 miles out of a £40 tank of fuel).

The only problem I have noticed is that where the seatbelt comes out of the side of the car (beside the door) the plastic has started to get worn away. The seatbelt is cutting into the plastic. It's only a minor thing, but annoying on a new car. I am concerned that in a fee years if it continues to cut into the plastic it will look horrible. Has anyone else noticed the same problem?

Overall, I think the Aygo is a fantastic car, and if you are looking for a small, economical car, with excellent after sales service I would look no further than the Aygo.

I am sure the Aygo Go has been discontinued. If it has it will be missed as I don't think there is a comparable model with Aircon, GPS and the blacked out rear windows.

I have had a Go for a year and a half, covering 27000 miles, yes 27000. I also have the seat belt cutting in to the plastic. I have had the near side headlight replayed as it fogged up. The car leaked and needed new seals on the passenger door, the steering wheel, which is leather is also peeling on both sides. The aircon pump makes a horrid noise when first turned on as well, like a strangled cat! The paint under the rear pumper is peeling off also.

The car has always been reliable, and is good with fuel, still on the original tyres. Its a cheep car, that has served its purpose. I wont get another ( really could do with something bigger) and its not that comfy on long journeys as there is no lumber support.

I think now there are a lot more small cars, Mii, up, etc that the quality needs to be improved for the price asked.

Just my 5p worth!

Slowly being made apparant that the Sport seems to have been built miles better than all the newer models!!

Our sport is on 39,000 miles now and has had no issues at all. It's been serviced on time, had one set of new tyres, new set of brakes front and rear and that's it!

Also, we do frequent 440 mile round trip journeys to Wales and can't fault road handling, comfort, air con noises at all. Infact, the aircon on this car is quieter than a friends 2012 Ford!

Yeah, I have to say, after almost 3 years of ownership, my Aygo has done all that's been asked of it. Never put a foot wrong apart from a slightly electrical glitch after I bought it, which Toyota promptly put right. Hardly goes through tyres (currently on its 2nd set!), and at 40,000 miles it still feels pretty fresh, not bad for a car approaching its 6th birthday.

I keep thinking I'd like to change, perhaps a Skoda Citigo, but the thing is, I don't really need to. And whilst I'm a student it isn't viable to buy a new car. The Aygo has been perfect, and I'm more than happy to keep hold of it for a while longer. Could really do with a bit more space sometimes (i.e an extra seat) but that's only an occasional gripe and I can access a larger car if I need to.

A good polish and detail, and it looks like new! Nice to hear some good Aygo stories for a change!

Ours recently turned 3 years old and aside from it's desire to eat tyres and brakes it's been faultless. It too has done everything weave asked of it and then some and given the features (it's a Blue) has all the toys we could ask for and does what it's supposed to.

Tempted by CitiGo but unlikely to change atleast until its fifth birthday. Dealer has helped with our ownership experience, Toyota GB have been hit and miss though. But overall what we expected from our Aygo and been enjoying it greatly.

It's the fourth car in our household, driven by everyone and used for a variety of jobs - all done with its characteristic grin!

i have done 60k miles on my aygo in 20 months. It is a platinum model, so has lots of extras (leather & alcantarta trim.. very comfy !) and it has lots of other extra bits..

Its only issue was a new exhaust at 40k.. as it rotted out (i replaced it with a longlife stainless steel cat back exhaust with a lifetime guarantee for the same price as a toyota standard one(which had a 12 month warrentee). , Discs and pads are being changed this weekend by Mr Toyota along with its 60k service, and a rev counter being fitted.

I cant see me ever getting rid of this car.. im in it for the long haul ! :)

I have not noticed the seat belt cutting the plastic, im going to check this later

I have just pointed out to my Toyota dealer where the seatbelt is cutting into the plastic. They said they haven't seen it before and they will pass my comments back to Toyota. They added that unless more than 1% of owners report the problem it is unlikely they will do anything about it.

The car was in for it's 1st service. I waited whilst they did it, and it took less than 45 minutes! From what I can see the 1st service consists of little more than changing the oil/oil filter and inspecting a few other parts.

Whilst there I also noticed that the Aygo Fire they had on display in the showroom had a rev counter fitted. I am sure that this was previously an option. Also had a look at the new GT86. Looks like a really decent car for under £25k

I bought my brand new Aygo Go in april this year and love it. The fuel economy is great but it does have one recent fault, the built in Tomtom no longer talks to you for directions for some reason and the hands free bit has failed too.

Apart from this i give the Aygo a big thumbs up.

My hands free has appeared to fail a few times. Whe it happens I delete the TomTom on my phone, and delete the phone on the TomTom. Let them find each other again and all is good!

my near side head light has missed up inside it and it a 2012 plate go n i brought it in march but otherwise wicked car

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links