Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Loss Of Power ?

jonpj

Hi all I have owed this Car for 12 years (213k engine 4E-FE REG 1993) been running on LPG 90% of that time .

Stared to loose power on hills now very lumpy !

I have replaced spark plugs ,leads inc HT , distrib head and rotor arm still no change .

Took it to Toyota dealer they wanted to do a 4hour manual dianostic as they said the car was to old to use the plug under the bonnet. I am leaning towards the igniter pac behind the distrib.

Any advance, ideas would like to keep this motor running .

Many Thanks jonpj

Hi my thoughts go towards carboning up on valve stems!! compession check and check valve clearances,to rule out basic engine problem.hope that helps,steve.

thank guys for your thoughts . Will take motor to my garage and get them to check out several things undr the bonnet. Jonpj

As above - a compression test and a cylinder leakage test will tell you if the "internal" health of the engine is good.

Taking into account the mileage and running on LPG, then valve seat recession could be a factor in the drop off of power/rough running.

Mick