Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To Avensis Diesels

battytrebor

Hi all,

just changed from a 1.6 petrol Auris to a 2.0 litre diesel Avensis Tourer, for the extra space. I was a bit wary about having diesels again after a shocking experience with a 1.4 Kia Venga. I had a look at the threads on diesel problems and especially the EGR cleaning, before deciding to go ahead.

I have the 2012 model, but the EGR doesn't look like the one shown very nicely in the cleaning thread. To those wise men out there, am I likely to have the same cleaning issues with this model, and is it a whole lot different than the one shown.

Bob

ps got a great deal on a one month old pre-reg with 0 miles. First impressions after 400 miles are very good.

Bob

I have a t27 avensis estate tourer and it's located on the centre of the front of the engine at the top, it's an easy clean, when I next service my car I will do a walk through guide how to do some basic bits, (all filters and egr) etc. it will require attention though depending on mileage covered,

Hope this helps,

Regards Phil

Hi All,

thanks for that Phil. I look forward to seeing your post. What is a t27? I have attached a photo of what my egr valve looks like. Is it the same as yours?

Bob

post-115062-0-03863700-1347090918_thumb.

Yeah that's the same, t27 Is just the model number, it's the latest one I believe from (09 onwards)

all modern Euro V/VI diesels will have issues with EGR & DPF.

At least on a 2012 you should be able to ignore the head gasket issue that can effect earlier D4Ds.