Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car & New To Toyota's

Benny88

Evening all,

Just thought i'd come on here introduce myself, on tuesday afternoon me and my wife went down to my local dealership for a 2nd Hand Auris and came out having got a reasonable price on my 11year old Clio (which is starting to die) and ordered a new Auris 1.33 Edition 5Dr 6Sp!!!

Can't wait till next week, the clio was my first car and after 2 years of having her she's going. Before any of you start thinking "jeeeesus! 2 years driving and he's getting a new car" - Don't fear i do alot of driving due to my current job role with a range of Green Fleet (Military Vehicles) and White Fleet (Hire vehicles for military driving details). So which a range of licenses and use of different vehicles i'm not concerned with myself and new car.

If any owners of the above vehicle type could give me some pro's about it which just gives me more to look forward to even the most smallest thing about it (which you may think is trivial)

Anything would be great.

Thanks In Advance

Welcome.

I have had a Auris 1.33 from new and must say its he best car I have ever had. After 10.000 miles no problems or rattles.

The engine is amazing, at speed in 6th you can hardly hear it, give it some revs and it pulls like a train. On a long run I am getting around 50 m.p.g ,around town 42. And I dont drive slowly!

The six gear box takes some time to master. The change from 5th to 4th at first was problamatic. Then I realised that if you let go of the gear stick it hovers between 3rd and 4th. Just move it gently down and it slips into 4th. The more miles covered the easier it gets.

Dont worry about the stop- start , it works on numerous factors, can cut out at every stop or decide not to depending on baterry level or A/C on etc. You can switch if off.

Little things that annoy. Boot light cannot be switched off, power wing mirror switch too small, not lit and hidden away. Thats it.

Great car, I am sure you will enjoy.

Forget to mention the greatest virtue. Dual zone climate control. Her indoors can have it on 24C,(she is always claiming to be cold) and I can have it on a more sane 18C. Result, no more bitter conflicts and advanced moaning.

Congratulations on your new car. I have had a 59 reg 1.33TR from new - 3 years old in October. Had a 2006 Corolla Colour Collection before. The Auris is more comfortable, economical and spacious. Performance little different. 6th gear makes the Auris quieter for cruising. 15000 miles including 4 holidays to Skye. only issue has been a broken cupholder - fixed under warrany. May swop for a new Edition.

The Edition doesn't have dual zone climate control, as described by the previous poster, but the manual air con will prove to be a godsend in the warm weather after your Clio.

As regards the forum, just remember that 95% of the time posters are asking for advice on problems, etc, rather than praising their cars.

Cheers for the posts,

Yeah was aware they didn't have climate control as i was told by the bloke in the dealership that my car would be indentical to the one in the salesroom/building just without rear parking sensors and climate control (not sure if mine will have push button start though- which the example did)... off to the dealership on tuesday to sign some paperwork and then picking up the new car on wednesday. I'm hoping its a great deal improvement on my clio and i'm sure any 62 vehicle would be. Roll on wednesday :D

Sorry about mentioning climate control, Frostyballs is correct.

All the best for Wenesday. Bet you cannot wait.

Let us know what you think about your new pride and joy.

10AM tomorrow! Can't wait!! Gonna sort out bits that i need to do and just haven't got round to doing - just for a reason to give it a driving! :D Will let you know how it goes!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links