Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Registration September 2012

mozzleymoz

I am new to Toyota and have recently bought a brand new Toyota Auris from Petrborough Showrooms. Included in the price paid for is a touchscreen system for audio/satnav/phone ect.

The problem I have is that although the system is set up for satnav, when the switch is pressed a screen shows saying "system not available". When I enquired at the showroom the salesman advised that satnav had not been included in the price and that to have this system it would cost an additional £600-£700, which is rediculous having paid over £12000 cash for the new vehicle.

I feel that this is a complete and utter rip-off and am sure there must be a cheaper method of using this system? I have received an email from an eBay cdrom supplier saying he didnt know what Toyota were talking about as all you had to do was insert an cdrom and it would set up automatically...paying £600 was rediculous!!!

Has anyone any thoughts /suggestions on this...do I just need to use CDRom and if so, where can I get this from ??

Any replies can be posted on here and also sent to mozzleymoz@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

You will be missing the component for the nav section. All touch and touch and go system look the same on the face but the go part has another module to make it work no CDs involved

Alex

You have the Toyota Touch, you do not have the "go" bit which is the Sat Nav part. Not all models have touch AND go, but just the touch

Far too many people make the assumption that because it has the touch screen it also has the sat nav, it doesnt, especially on the lower spec models. Your eBay seller does not know what he is talking about

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links