Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Limited?!

Chris Tower

Hi guys and gals!

Last night i was out in my 140 vvti and for some reason didnt tip iver 120mph... got 115mph in 5th gear but 6th gear only seemwd to push on another 5mph....

Any ideas? Is it restricted? Or is this just top speed etc..? Any help would be ace!

Testing out your top speed when on a PRIVATE ROAD or track, will hit 127 ab-max when brand new & in ideal conditions,.

Bear in mind the cars age (now 12) and that it's not ideal conditions (lab controlled) and your speedo will also display about 3mph more than the actual speed, you prob hit top speed.

You say you hit 120, so it would have been more like 117.

The cars are not limited by the way.

On this occasion we'll assume this speed was reached on a private road or track. If you went that fast on a public road please do not do it again. It's dangerous not only for you and any passengers you might be carrying but for other roads users and pedestrians too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links