Do Not Sell My Personal Information

61 Plate Steps And Mud Flaps

Manda

I read the previous discussion regarding the T180 front mud flaps however, I have the 61 plate Rav with so called 'premium steps'. Paid for front and rear flaps, receiving only the rear set. I assumed this was due to my steps, however over the past few months I have seen the same model as mine with the same steps, with two sets of flaps. Can anyone confirm if there is a new style, etc? Just so I can then call my dealer and have what I paid for fitted!!

Many thanks!!

Manda x

Kingo (Parts-King) may know, but I didn't find anything obvious in the installation manual section of the Toyota Techdoc site

(http://www.toyota-te...spx?pubtype=AOM)

It maybe other owners have been cutting the mudflaps to fit, such as:

http://www.toyotaown...pic=133684&st=0

Certainly, if you've paid for them, they should be supplying them to you, even if they can't fit them.

As they probably have no "official" instructions or manual to fit the flaps with the steps, I expect they basically will do nothing - as they have done. Dealers usually work "to the book".

They should give the flaps to you, then at least you have the option of yourself or somebody else monifying them to fit.

Welcome to the club. :thumbsup:

Thanks shcm!

At least I know I can ask for them and take them to someone who could fit them for me!

Cheers!

Manda x

Hi Manda,

They are pretty simple to adapt and fit (I think I posted a pic of my adapted ones a few months ago?) so don't spend too much on the alterations!

If your RAV4 has the arch extensions (aka over fenders) then I could make a direct copy of my adapted ones for you. If you have the standard style wheel arches, then could have a go next time in Glasgow (next weekend I think)

Welcome to the RAV4 club, btw :thumbsup:

Hi David,

I can't get into your gallery unfortunately! To be honest I have no idea what the wheel arches are! Normal, I think?! I don't have the mud guards yet, due for service on 24th Sept so hoping to get them then! As mentioned previously, however, I doubt the dealership will actually fit them!!

Thanks for your help :)

Manda x

Hi David,

I can't get into your gallery unfortunately! To be honest I have no idea what the wheel arches are! Normal, I think?! I don't have the mud guards yet, due for service on 24th Sept so hoping to get them then! As mentioned previously, however, I doubt the dealership will actually fit them!!

Manda x

Are we per chance talking about uncle Arnold's in Bishopbriggs ?

PS welcome to TOC.

Hi David,

Manda x

Hi Dave! No, Uncle Arnold's in Linwood lol.

Thanks!

Manda x

Are we per chance talking about uncle Arnold's in Bishopbriggs ?

PS welcome to TOC.