Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.3 Side Lights - Which Bulb?

Dabooka

Afternoon all,

On the way in through this mornings gloom, I noticed my offside side light has gone. I'd like to get some bulbs on my way home and swap them when I get back but unsure as to which size to get.

Any input appreciated! ;)

NB Tried a search and found reference to a "light guide" but unable to source it.

Here you go Sam, list courtesy of Local Hero I believe.

Headlights (high) 60w HB3

Headlights (low) 55w H11

Frt fogs 55w H11

frt turn signal 21w wedge base (amber)

parking lights 5w wedge base (clear)

side turn signal 5w wedge base (amber) (these should be replaced as an assembly)

rear turn signal 21w wedge base (clear)....Amber on 2009 models (thanks Gust)

reverse lights 16w wedge base (clear)

rear fog light 21w wedge base (clear)

number plate 5w wedge base (clear)

interior lights 8w double ended

frt personal lights 8w wedge base (clear)

vanity light 8w wedge base (clear)

boot light 5w double ended

Several members have upgraded to higher intensity lights, especially on dipped beam

That reminds me, down in deepest darkest Cornwall soon and will be able to test out the headlights properly before winter arrives, if I feel I need a bit more brightness are the higher intensity bulbs noticeably different? If so any recommendations (I presume for just dipped beam)?

Gus

Gus,for dipped headlights get Osram nightbreaker plus,available in H11,twinpack for about £30.Well recommended on this forum many times in the past.

Regards Clare

.....and some of us on here have "upgraded" even your sidelight bulb in question to the wee 5 light LED type. Don't look in the least boy racerish, but give off a much more piercing whitish/blue light. Readily available on Ye Bay of Eez.

Big Kev

Thanks Clare, guess I am being lazy and not searching – sorry.

Did you fit these, I guess what I am after is did they make a noticeable difference in light output/range etc.

Many Thanks

Gus

Hi Gus,in my Urbancruiser,I use H4 Phillips X-Treme vision bulbs,but they don,t make them in H11 that are fitted in the Rav (low beam),so I suggested the next best bulbs.

Regards Clare

Not sure how that will look BK now I dont have the seperate sidelight above the main lights, must have a think about that one

Gus

Didnae ken they had changed the lenses AGAIN, Gus.......golly gosh.

I like the Nightbreaker Plus bulbs that I fitted to my Rav . . . And yes they make a considerable difference to the amount of light on the road . . . I to have done the LED sidelight thing . . . looks good too

• 1 month later...

HI everyone, thanks for the replies and sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Never got around to replacing the sidelight bulb (work and family has been somewhat hectic, not that that's an excuse!!) so thought I'd log back on and chase it up. Taking on the LED suggestions, can someone check if these are the right type, as there seems to be different "styles" coming up on fleabay. Not worried about the small differences in cost, but don't want to order the wrong ones.

Cheers!

Hi Sam,

Much as the bulbs you suggest would "work", go to Page 2...."Headlight Bulbs", where the subject of sidelights was also well covered only last week. I gave on that the eBay number for bulbs I and others have and are using....awribest.

Big Kev