Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 Engine Replacement

RichT180

Just got my T180 back after warranty work on the engine due to excessive oil consumption, head gasket failure. As far as I know I've had a 3/4 engine replacement and a new clutch fitted. My concern is that I have no paperwork about the engine work and have been told that I will receive a letter with details of the new engine number to send off with my V5. Is this the case? I would have thought there would be more to prove that the work had been done, very confused . com?????

There isn't any resaon why you can't ask the dealer for the invoice (With has all the part numbers and costs) that details the parts used. Thats what I had when my engine was done...

strange no paperwork given...I would suggest as above, go back to the dealer and insist on an invoice even if the work was done under warranty, it would be useful for your own reference and proof

There is rarely any paperwork given to a customer for warranty repairs. ALL warranty repairs are logged on Toyota's central database once the claim has been processed and can be viewed / printed off by your dealer

You don't have the right to insist on a copy of the warranty repair invoice, it is not your invoice, that is between Toyota and the dealer, although all dealers would be happy to provide you with proof that a warranty repair was carried out

You MUST send off your V5 with the new engine number as soon as you have it

Kingo :thumbsup:

As kingo said there is no right to the paperwork. We write down the new engine number in the service book for the customers when we do the 3/4 engine

Alex