Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt 86 . Just A Celica Revamped?

cumbrialass

I just wondered if any Celica owner has test driven the new GT86. I've not had a close up look yet but so far, to my mind, after looking at the blurbs and adverts, I keep thinking "Is it any better than my Celica?" After 12 years my Celica looks good, and still drives like a dream.

I would be interested to see what you thought.

Nothing like the Celica. It doesnt feel anywhere near as big or heavy.

The GT86 is the spiritual successor to the Corolla AE86 so a smaller model than the Celica.

Toyota are working on a new sports car with BMW which could be similar in size to the Celica but most likely it'll end up being a new Supra.

Which is another good reason for keeping my Celica!

Nothing remotely like a Celica, more like a Subaru! :lol:

Seriously though, it is a superb car, everything has moved on a lot since the Celica days, and this is truely a modern day car

Kingo :thumbsup:

Toyota could revive the Celica name and make a cracking car.. they have the tecnology/know how. But in all honesty.. the GT86 is just so shockingly similar to the car Subaru released.. I get they worked together but there's 2 almost identical vehicles out here now.

001e0071-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_4335ba6f-ea4d-4818-bcee-7693ba9096a9_20111201161810_Subaru_BRZ_Toyota_GT86.jpg

I'll eat my hat if Toyota make a new Celica.

The Supra name carrys so much "Hype" from the last shape and the image that The Fast and The Furious gave it... would be foolish not to bring back the Supra.

... but the Celica......most people think of the 1.8 Gen7 when they hear the word Celica and dont think of the RWD/4WD 2.0 turbo models :( Time to let the Celica die peacefully.