Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Else Have The Squeaky Clutch 2.0 D4D

avensisd4d786

I have a 2004 avensis t spirit 2.0 d4d, i have a squeaky clutch just wondered if there were others and how common it was.

has greasing it worked as shown on the video below.

yeah my clutch pedal squeaks as well, although not as bad as in the video . I thought that it is internal so i tried bit of wd40 but no avail. Havent tried the method in the video

It is a common problem, it is an internal issue with the cylinders, the master and slave cylinder were modified, so unless you replace them, it is unlikely to solve it.

Kingo :thumbsup:

@ Geralt- mines not that bad too just a bit annoying when theres no radio on ,

@ Parts-King - Thank you. i think its got the original flywheel and clutch from new its done 140,000 but most of its been motorway by previous owner , ive only had it a month, already come across the aircon issue i got it bypassed as i dont use the aircon. i also have a airbag light comes on now and again, but when i switch the engine off and switch it on the light dissappears, although yesterday it came on after i ajusted my seat, so going to have a look underneath the seat over the weekend. do you think it would be a wise idea when needed to get the flywheel conversion done to have a solid flywheel rather than dual mass?

I had a creaking clutch pedal on my 2.2.... i got a can of maintenance spray with the small plastic spray tube connected to the spray nozzle and where the clutch pedal meets the clutch cylinder shaft at the bulk head i squirted a load of spray on the shaft by putting the spray tube through the rubber grommet behind the pedal in the bulk head ...result squeak/creaking gone

Had the same problem. Lubricating the pedal didn't work for me for some reason. A new clutch master cylinder sorted it.

AFAIK the noise in the video is coming from the clutch release fork so that guy could be fixing the wrong place. Mine started to sound similar after bleeding the clutch. Greasing through a hole in the rubber boot helped.

http://www.toyodiy.c...LMEHW_3101.html