Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Parking Spy Car Gets A Payback.

s44gtw

This driver should really have looked with the eyes & not just through the camera.

According to the story, opened the door as a bus passed while parked on Zig Zags, but with dispensation. (thats Illegally & dangerously, if it was you or me.)

george

post-104736-0-96308100-1347629585_thumb.

post-104736-0-82094500-1347629629_thumb.

RESULT!!!!!! Vermin

Two revenue collecting jobs

1, Traffic warden/ traffic camera opetator/ vehicle driver

2,TV License snoopers. The Free Radio frequency spectrum discovered by Hertz, put to use by Marconi and sold and controlled by every government in the world. Visual sight is part of that spectrum but fortunately they dont charge you for looking by the min

Soap box alert

David

It's is ironic that you are all upset about the damage caused in car parks to two IQ's posted earlier but are rejoicing in the damage caused to the Parking Spy Car

Do you really love IQ's? ;)

Of course the cost for the repairs to the Parking Spy IQ will be met by the tax payers......So we all pay in the end :(

Is everything in life not met by 'Tax Payers 'or those that work and produce more than they consume? thats not many IMO!

That is the financing that is including, Pollution, Wars, Royal Families & the Chuches.

Hopefull the iQ driver has learned a valuable lesson, like if being Employed to Improve road safety, then act safely. Park safely and look before opening your door.

If the Plonker missed seeing a Bus, then that could have been a cyclist or Motor cyclist and a fatality.

george

Do you not think it wrong that in nearly every case of a traffic camera vehicle ,in order to record our mistermenia they do the same. Now you may park on a double yellow line for a couple of mins. But you see these cars parked up like it for hours causing an obstruction to free flowing traffic. Another thing with parking officers, they should not be given quota's to fullfill which then lends them to do unscupulous activity. You should not commit a crime yourself to up hold one. That puts you above the law and is not seen as a fair playing ground. As for the picture, people on here do love their iQ's but find it an insult that their beloved car is being used for this activity and further insulted that the driver of this one has carelessly allowed this to happen to it. Infact the cheer from people on here is this person is meant to be promoting safety and then dangerously opens a door on someone whilst on double yellows which were put there to stop this sort of thing happening.

David

Clearly you DO love your IQ's :)

But not those carrying parking cameras!

Have to agree with George and David here. Yep, we love our iQ's, but hey, this one was being (or about to be in this case) used for spying on people -Is'nt that illegal by the way, like stalking and so on?- and as has been said here, in a dangerous place, where they do not want us to park. Maybe this driver will be demoted to a bicycle? If they can't park in a place safely and legally, then surely they should not be parking in those places either?

We don't have parking wardens here, it's the police that dish out on-the-spot fines and if you don't have the money in your wallet, they will take you to the nearest ATM to withdraw it.

I would rather starve than take a job as a traffic warden. A large portion don't drive themselves

David

When councils produce roads like this in Whitstable they have a !Removed! cheek policing them.

David

post-109788-0-47309900-1347733673.jpg

For the benefit of us Yanks across the pond, what is the purpose of the warden? Is it like our traffic cops over here?

Bummer about the damage to the iQ but I'm always happy to see a government vehicle take a hit.

Kind of but they have limited powers. There are walking vesions that "police" the parking meters and bays and assist when traffic lights have failed and they direct traffic. Then there are ones as per the picture that are paid by the local councils to drive , park up and spy on you in case you park where your not supposed to like double yellow lines and "Red routes" (no stopping at all) the police deal with everything else, like speeding, driving under the influence, driving with undue car and attention, using a mobile phone and murdering a traffic warden.

David

I can partially understand the double yellows in the picture. Only because there will be high odds on that some plantpot WILL be park in that small gap!

Sorry, but when i posted the Picture i could not link the Local News paper story.

'Wirral Echo' or such like paper.

I dont think the iQ was hit where it is parked on the Kerb & Double Yellows,

that is the car moved to a safe place to get recovered i think.

The Article as i read it said the car was Stopped on Zig Zags. While Monitoring Double Yellows.

george

Kind of but they have limited powers. There are walking vrsions that "police" the parking meters and bays and assist when traffic lights have failed and they direct traffic. Then there are ones as per the picture that are paid by the local councils to drive , park up and spy on you in case you park where your not supposed to like double yellow lines ans "Red routes" (no stopping at all) the police deal with everything else, like speeding, driving under the influence, driving with undue car and attention, using a mobile phone and murdering a traffic warden.

David

Thanks David. We did have that kind of a system back in the 50's. They rode around on three wheeled motorcycles. Now it's just the "all purpose" police. Some cities do have traffic control, officers who don't carry weapons that come out to control traffic. Most of the time they are volunteer officers or those who couldn't pass the field officer test.

We have more and more of them about, which is good if they are protecting the community.

It turned out that some of the cameras being used in the iQs & Smarts were not approved for Road Traffic offences & refunds running into Millions of Pounds were required to be made.

post-104736-0-79913500-1347974812_thumb.

post-104736-0-25414800-1347974828_thumb.

post-104736-0-62921200-1347974846_thumb.

post-104736-0-55994900-1347974869_thumb.

post-104736-0-51486000-1347974887_thumb.

I'm not sure why there is so much anger aimed at traffic wardens. Maybe it's a particular British thing. Yeah, they are invariably jobs worths, and some seem to take a perverse pleasure in their jobs. But after 30 years of driving without ever having been issued a ticket if you don't park illegally, outstay your welcome on a parking meter or cause any kind of obstruction they tend to leave you alone.

The idea of ticket quotas seems to wind many people up. Usually denied by most authorities but there have been whistle blowers claiming a 10 ticket a day minimum. The inference is that to make your quota, tickets are being issued illegally. That seems unlikely as challenging tickets has become very common. if quotas do exist they are it's probably an arbitrary target set to ensure a minimum income and have some way of measuring individual wardens performance. Anyway ask your yourself how long it would take you to walk around a fair sized town and find 10 people parked illegally.

I can see 3 from where I'm sitting now !