Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Brake Warning On Dash

jackanderson

I'm not sure how fancy the new model is but on most cars the handbrake warning light also acts as a brake fluid low warning and perhaps a brake pad wearing thin warning.

Get it into your local dealer and get it hooked up to the diagnostic kit, could mean a new parking brake ecu

Alex

Had the same on my 2009 2 litre diesel T2 Tourer. It was 20 months old and on 68k miles.

I took it to the main dealer, after 30 minutes, they told me I needed a new actuator.

A week later it was fitted, I asked about the price (it is a company lease car) I was told approx £1,000 broken down by:

Cost of Actuator £675, 2.1/2 hours to fit then add VAT.

I would say, if you have any suspicion about the electronic parking brake system, get it replaced by the new revision level before your warranty runs out!

I had mine (actuator + parking brake ecu) replaced after 18 months, because of abnormal noises ... to put it mildly.

It took the garage almost 1.5 days to replace it and debug/update the main ECU's firmware, because the original firmware refused to "learn" the latest type.

Brake actuator + ecu are very expensive parts, like close to € 1600. :crazy: