Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Regeneration

SRSTEVE

Hi all,

Can someone clarify the D4D DPF regeneration issue.

I have a 2008 SR180 and i was wondering if the DPF automatically regenerates itself after so many miles if you are not able to give it a run over 15 mins at high speed.

Hi all,

Can someone clarify the D4D DPF regeneration issue.

I have a 2008 SR180 and i was wondering if the DPF automatically regenerates itself after so many miles if you are not able to give it a run over 15 mins at high speed.

Not quite sure what your asking, but the DPF will partly regenerate (passive) as the engine is running hot but only start (active) regeneration when the DPF becomes full and certain driving conditions are met ie over 30mph at normal running temperature and should be complete after an uninterrupted run of approx 20 mins.

A DPF will not fully regenerate any other way apart from a `forced` regen at the dealer.

It's quite difficult to notice the difference in engine behaviour when it does regenerate, but there's a slight flicker in the revs at idle. I've noticed mine do this a couple of times over several months.

I've never known mine to regenerate.

It must have done, but there has been no tell tale signs.

Never even caught a wiff of it ?

i saw my revs flicking slightly at idle other day thought it was something wrong as it not been starting right recently until i read this