Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4Zz-Fe With 1Zz-Fe Cams?

scott5

hi guys does anyone know if the cams from a 1zz will fit into a 4zz cylinder head? am planing on changing the crank pistons and rods and bearing to the 1zz-fe parts to make it a 1.8 and want to run high profile cams aswell??

i think ​the cams are the same mate... the main difference is in the crank-rods-pistons-inlet manifoil-trottlebody and injectors

Ive read some conflicting info on this stating the 3zz and 1zz cams are a different profile to the 4zz ones. However i havent seen ANY proof to back these claims up and i personally dont believe there is any difference at all, so im going to back you up :thumbsup:

A quick call to toyota to check would confirm this ;)

IIRC Madvinger did not change these in his 1zz conversion which started out as a 4zz. Hes making more power than the 1zz had on paper so it backs up that there not any different :)

Thanks for the reply guys, i think ill try get a cheap set of 1zz cams ans see if they fit first before splashing on the high profile ones :D

• 7 years later...

Hi did you have any joy with the 1zz cam in the 4zz? Desperate to find out. Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Gazhughes said:

Hi did you have any joy with the 1zz cam in the 4zz?

The OP hasn't visited the club since October 2012, so you may not receive a reply.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links