Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Pads

Notebook

Hi

Anyone know the following?

How much would a dealer charge

How much would a local garage charge

How much are the parts for DIY

Thanks

It will depend on which country or what part of the country - dealer prices can vary so you would need to seek quotes and the same applies to indpendent garages.

The cost of pads on their own will also vary greatly depending on which brand you opt for.

I had a quote for replacing front discs and pads of £120,inclusive of VAT.

There was a box of discs and pads waiting to be fitted on another car and I think they were Blue Print(?)

Del

I have found that genuine Toyota pads produce hardly any brake dust compared other good European brands such as Pagid , which are OEM fitment on my Golf. For this reason I went with Toyota, I found the Pagid price and had a good haggle with my Toyota parts manager. I was very surprised how competitive he was when I bought a number of items for a recent service.

One of the most competitive on-line source for parts is now www.carparts4less.co.uk which is apparently a web only brand offering from Eurocarparts. If you compare Eurocarparts and carparts4less the websites and parts are identical except a massive price difference.

With regards to your questions

Most dealers offer a fixed price for pads and fitment, a quick call and a haggle will get your local price

Local garages the price really depends on what quality of pads they are fitting and labour rates(how long is a piece of string)

Pads alone £26 delivered for Pagid, Toyota £34 upwards depending on your level of haggle

Hi

Anyone know the following?

How much would a dealer charge

How much would a local garage charge

How much are the parts for DIY

Thanks

Noterz....for what it's wurff, I have done the pads on both my 4.3 and wife's 3 door 4.2, and if I can do it, anybody can. Apec pads were recommended to me by Anchorchap, and have proved fine in use, but give the King of Parts a wee nod and you may be surprised that Toyota official pads also competitive.

Big Kev

Blueprint pads, front and rear were £40 from my local motor factors. £15 for the front and £25 for the rear (don't know how that works as the rears are much smaller!)

Fitted them myself and it's not too bad of a job. Only trouble now is the brake pedal sinks slowly to the floor when you press it, seems this has happened to quite a few people! I've raised a question about it in another thread.

Yours truly.

Sick As A Parrot! :ermm:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links