Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Idle On 1.0 Yaris

bigwizzer

Hi guys new to the site I have a 2003 1.0 vvti Yaris serviced regularly never had a pick of bother now getting engine management message P0505 and she is idling at about 1200 per minute just carried out a service and cleaned the MAF sensor but she is still running high any one had a similar problem and what did you do to sort it

Cheers

Bigwizzer

Moved to Yaris Forum from Supra ;)

P0505 Relates to an Idle control malfunction, this is usually a faulty idle control valve ( located on the back of the throttle assembly ). New idle control valve needed & then the engine management light can be deleted.

Regards

Devon

Cheers for the reply I had a idea that it eas the idle control valve just wanted it confirmed

Cheers for the reply I had a idea that it eas the idle control valve just wanted it confirmed

Before you spend a lot of money! The idle speed control valve has two small coolant hoses attached to it. These have a very narrow bore and can block easily, the ISCV. 'thinks' the engine is cold as there is no circulation of coolant causing the problem you describe. You could easily spent a lot of money on a new valve, if the hoses are still blocked the problem will remain! Clean the hoses and flush any residue out of the valve to restore circulation. If you buy a new valve ensure you are sitting down when you are told the price!

Regards Geoff Peace.

Cheers. Geoff I actuall gave her a service and completely removed the air filter and disconnected the pipes and blew the out I also removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it. Put it all back together and have been running it for about 4 hours and the idle is levelling out at around 650-700 so fingers crossed. This may have solved the problem.

Chris

• 4 months later...

Hello Everybody.

My Yaris 2007 has been idling low for about 5 months and I only bothered now to look for a solution since it now also switches off randomly. How do I fix this problem? Do I need to flush the idling valve?

• 4 months later...

P0505 Relates to an Idle control malfunction, this is usually a faulty idle control valve ( located on the back of the throttle assembly ). New idle control valve needed & then the engine management light can be deleted.

Regards

Devon

True! I agree with the above. However, I would try cleaning it first and blowing out the airways, nothing lost!

Regards Geoff Peace.