Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seen Recently In New York

Just in hot off the Internet... this photo of an iQ in New York (from the Daily Mail web site). Never mind Jessica Alba, it's the car you should be looking at.

By the way, why the hell does she need a bag that big? Come on! I mean, how many receipts does she keep in there? A years worth? Brushes? Who cares?

post-113536-0-69028900-1347793226_thumb.

Edited by Guest

What's happened to the rear quarter windows?Or is it a trick of the light?

The visibility rearwards is bad enough without bricking up the windows!

John

What's happened to the rear quarter windows?Or is it a trick of the light?

The visibility rearwards is bad enough without bricking up the windows!

John

I was wondering this myself. Also if you look closely at the back bumper it almost questions has this photo been shopped quite badly?

Even with these areas made larger, it's difficult to tell. To me, it looks like the camera was tracking along with her to get a good shot -it's not really is it?- and everything else is out of focus. Reflection of light seems to be the best description of this optical illusion. You can still see the black 'blade' that seperates the rear windows, like the wind deflector at the side there, and you can almost see the line of that curve in the window. As for the bumper, maybe it has had a prang, what!

post-113536-0-75560800-1347807075_thumb.

post-113536-0-40931500-1347807091_thumb.

The IQ is sold as a Scion IQ in the States. Looking at the Scion website the rear window is the same as the Toyota IQ.

Very strange. I have not seen an iQ over here with missing side windows. With the right paint job it could be a good look.

I think it is an illusion caused by light reflecting off the rear post. If you look through the open window (just above the wing mirror), you can see out through the rear quarter light on the other side.

• 3 weeks later...

"By the way, why the hell does she need a bag that big?"

She carries an iQ in it! :g:

I think it is an illusion caused by light reflecting off the rear post. If you look through the open window (just above the wing mirror), you can see out through the rear quarter light on the other side.

Agreed. I never intended this to be about the reflection of course, it was just to show the iQ in New York, but, aside from the obvious rear vision downside to it being a van, Taz is right, it might look cool in the right colour.

BTW, I think the bag has to be so big to carry her lip stick... :laughing: