Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enough Is Enough!

frizzy

That`s it, after 2 electrical breakdowns in 7 weeks and a main agent that appears unable to solve it the Aygo is going ! Really cannot trust it, the dealer kept coming up with fixes yet didn`t sort out the cause. So, we are getting a 2year old Fiat 500, had a test run and was amazed how much better built is is, feels very solid. We shall see what happens, but my loyalty to Toyota has gone. End of.

Regards to all, and good luck!!

Sorry to hear about your Aygo problems but if feel the Fiat 500 is a case of "out of the frying pan and into the fire" . check out honest johns web site for problem with car brands.

From personal experience you may sadly find that the quality of care that you receive from the FIAT aftermarket service organization is far inferior to that received at TOYOTA

I have found that FIAT cars are generally quite good untill their service agents have had their hands on them.

FIAT servicing lets down an otherwise reasonable car

From personal experience you may sadly find that the quality of care that you receive from the FIAT aftermarket service organization is far inferior to that received at TOYOTA

I have found that FIAT cars are generally quite good untill their service agents have had their hands on them.

FIAT servicing lets down an otherwise reasonable car

Is that not the trouble that Frizzys having. his Toyotaa dealer they cant seem to sort the problem with his car.

No doubt not all toyota dealers are as good as they should be,.Same with Fiat or any other main dealers whatever the make they deal with.

Just a thought, would it not be better to try another dealer first, as it's the dealer that's let you down not the car.

Believe it or not I have checked the Fiat on loads of web sites, mainly good but as with all things there are faults. Why would I trail a 4000 mile car to another dealer miles away, this has been the last straw in a littany of non returned calls, mis-diagnoses etc. etc. As I said, at least the 500 has the feel it is made of metal and not MDF. Will hope for the best, but the Aygo has, of late, been the most unreliable car I have had the misfortune to own in some 48 years of motoring , and that is a fact!

Hi,

I always remember an old car review on Fiats stating " I wish I could believe that someone in Fiat actually cared", these were the days when you could cut your hand on the sharp edges of Fiat bumpers

As much as the current Fiat 500 looks cute, rightly or wrongly, Fiat was never ever on my wish list.

B

I think it well accepted in the motor trade that Toyota have dropped the ball a few too many times and this has affected their reputation. In the past Toyota were seen as the pinnacle of quality and customer care but from what I can judge from my contacts in the motor trade they are viewed just as another car manufacturing company.

I can understand someone being angry and feeling let down if a dealer can't repair one of their own models - after all they claim to be the experts.

But in this case it does seem that the dealer in question has failed miserably and whether that be due to poor customer care or lack of technical ability or both it would be wise to report the situation to Toyota UK if only to save future Toyota customers inconvenience, loss of income, anger and embarassment. Also with the economic downturn many car buyers are no longer influenced by the Badge but what they can expect for their money.

Yes there are some European manufacturers such as the French and Italy who in the past have had poor reputations but the car business in Europe is undergoing massive change at present. Some of these companies will have to up their game or go under.

Having worked in the car trade for over 50 years I have found my local Fiat dealers no worse or better than any other - the exception being Honda who whilst being that bit more expensive are able to match the extra cost with superb quality.

I think it well accepted in the motor trade that Toyota have dropped the ball a few too many times and this has affected their reputation. In the past Toyota were seen as the pinnacle of quality and customer care but from what I can judge from my contacts in the motor trade they are viewed just as another car manufacturing company.

I can understand someone being angry and feeling let down if a dealer can't repair one of their own models - after all they claim to be the experts.

But in this case it does seem that the dealer in question has failed miserably and whether that be due to poor customer care or lack of technical ability or both it would be wise to report the situation to Toyota UK if only to save future Toyota customers inconvenience, loss of income, anger and embarassment. Also with the economic downturn many car buyers are no longer influenced by the badge but what they can expect for their money.

Yes there are some European manufacturers such as the French and Italy who in the past have had poor reputations but the car business in Europe is undergoing massive change at present. Some of these companies will have to up their game or go under.

Having worked in the car trade for over 50 years I have found my local Fiat dealers no worse or better than any other - the exception being Honda who whilst being that bit more expensive are able to match the extra cost with superb quality.

Thats what i call an honest posting. I get a bit sick of those who look at Toyota through rose tinted glasses.

well said.

I have reported all my problems to Toyota and guess what? Ignored. When I bought this Aygo I traded in a similar one along with a 107 which I bought used from the Peugeot dealer. A few weeks after I got the new Aygo a man contacted me and asked if I had been the 1st. owner of the 107 as this was what the Toyota dealership had informed him! This is typical of the manner in which the dealer appears to operate.

The Fiat is made in Poland so might not be as erratic as an Italian car, there again the Aygo is hardly Japanese is it? My real concerns are about attitude at the dealership, they are more bothered offering cups of coffee than fixing the car. I also run a 1968 Rover 3500 V8 which a small local garage sees to and although problems might occur more often at least the bloke is interested and does his very best which Mr. Toyota does not.

If the dealer informed the prospective buyer of your previous ownership details of the Peugeot 107 that in itself is breach of confidence - definitey not a good business practice. At the very best the dealer should have requested your prior permission to release such information. Again this is a sign the dealership in question is unprofessional. In my view it's not a case if this dealer will go out of business it's only when. To be honest in my opinion such a company is not a good public representative for Toyota.

Good luck with the Fiat or whatever you choose to drive.

My details would have been recorded on the V5 or whatever the log book is now called. The point is really that it is illegal to make false representations when selling, so for the new owner to have been told it was a one owner car was in breach of the law. Why were they so stupid to leave themselves open to being taken to court? Desperation to sell?

Thanks for the good wishes, we shall see !!!!

Well, a week on and we are getting used to the 500, after 3 years of the MMT Aygo. Seems very solid, awkward access to the back but the hound will just have to adapt, he`s the only one who goes in there! Read and watched Honest John`s comments, no problems whatsoever with his 500 in quite a few years so we shall see. It has the same silly key arrangement for the filler cap as the Aygo, hope it is as economical as the Toyota, but to be honest would swap less mpg for more reliability.

Regards to all.

Best of luck Frizzy with the Fiat 500, a lady in work has one and she has had no problems whatsoever with it. I am looking to get rid of my Aygo blue 57 reg with 26k on the clock just need something with more room as my 2 children are growing up very quickly and the aygo does lack legroom in the rear and also could do with a bit more bootspace, saying that apart from a small leak in the boot (high level brake light) and the airbag light showing (seat belt pre-tensioner) i have not had any problems at all with the wee car.

Good luck Frizzy with your Fiat 500. Unlucky for you to have problems with your MMT. My brothers girlfriend has a Aygo MMT an reports no problems at all!

I used to drive a Fiat Cinquecento Sporting. Brilliant little car although the ONLY thing that went wrong with it was the bushes worn out just after 12 months on the wee car but other than that she was great nipping in and out of traiffic in the city and used to chuckle looking at my rear view mirrow where any larger car couldnt squeeze through the tiniest gaps. I used to also drive through supermarket bollards and squeeze into the tiniest of places to park.

All wasnt rosey though as OTHER (just like you) had other gremlins with their cars. The running joke with the Fiat Club when I was a member was:

F.I.A.T

"FIX IT AGAIN TOMORROW"! LOL

Good luck with the 500! We've got one of those on the drive too. Seems to be fairly similar to the Aygo on fuel (with the 1.2 engine) if not quite as economical. Good fun to drive though not as go-kart like as the Aygo, but it does feel refined and quiet in comparison. Both really fun cars - sorry to hear about the Aygo and the problems but enjoy the 500!

Well, a few weeks on and touch wood !!! Had a day out in the 500 yesterday and although it is not as economical as the Aygod it does feel much more solid. Quite like the BMW MINI in many ways but better equippes for the cash. At least I now have central window controls/one shot operation, courtesy light with delay etc. etc..Whilst not having these on the Aygo never really concerned me their presence gives the feel of a more "grown-up" car. As I said, we shall see, I am not missing the Aygo though!!