Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time To Sell.

gsimpson

Hello.

I've posted here about the famous runflat issues before with my SR 180.

As a result earlier this year I purchased 4 Woolrace 18inch alloys and nice tyres to match. I now carry a run flat in the boot. The !Removed! low pressure light blinks away. My local Toyota dealer suggested putting the runflat valves in the new tyres to remedy this. ?????

Anyway I need to sell the car due to seperation. Thoughts please on the best way forward with this would be very much appreciated.

I will not be trading it in. I have no finance on the car , I need as much cash as possible.

Is it possible, how difficult do you anticipate my prospects of a cash sale.

It's a great car, especially with the new alloys, looks fabulous.

Oh and how do I get rid of that flashing low light sensor.

I appreciate any comments and your thoughts,

Thankyou

Gary.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

You can cure the light flashing by following the instructions in this pinned item;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130476

Selling a SR180 isn't the easiest thing in the world due to some extent to the extra fuel consumption. You have to be realistic and look at what they are going for. All you can do is advertise it and see if you get any bites.

Sorry about you situation, been there done that and hope to never go through it again.

There are 2 ways to sell a car, a private sale through various methods of advertisments, eBay autotrader pistonheads etc or sell it to the trade, if you want a no fuss quick sale, then this is worth looking at. A trade sale will avoid the costs of the various adverts which can be £50 plus each and the various tyre kickers phoning late at night just as your dropping off, however you will take a hit in your pocket.

Start of with a valuation from the likes of we buy any car, they will offer you £500 ish below bottom book,if you can stand the pain of that offer, you can then phone your local auction for a valuation you can place a reserve, cars are doing good money at auction just now but check out the fees you would need to pay on the sale, then run round a few dealers, they need cars on the forecourt and can some times pay strong money for a clean car they will be looking to pay bottom book so that will be their starting bid.

If you are looking at a private sale you will get more money this way but it will cost you for most adverts, the free papers and sites like gumtree area waste of time, they are full of cars because they are free.

I would hang on for as long as you can and then try a well written advert in autotrader once the winter starts the 4x4 market picks up.

Good luck with both your situation and the sale

Kenny

I advertised mine on eBay motors, £15 for a 28 day ad. 12 decent size photo uploads or as big and as many as you like if your a bit canny with coding and photobucket.

I pulled mine after a week as I agreed a deal for px but within that time it was viewed 120 odd times, had 5 "watchers" and as sods law dictates, I had a chap phone and ask to come have a look the day I signed the deal with Mr T before I had pulled the ad!

Worth a try to start with as a cheaper alternative to autotrader. Best of luck.

I'm parting with my car in the next week or so, and also had the flashing light issue with my 3rd party wheels. However, when I put the original wheels back on (to px at a dealer), the light stopped flashing. In fact, they stopped flashing by just placing the wheels next to the car, starting the iginition and waiting a minute or so. Not sure if that helps you or not, as it's not really a permanent cure, unless you are putting the originals back on. Sorry to hear of your woes, and good luck with the sale.

A good SR or T180 is a cracking car. Somebody out there is looking for them.

Hi Simon, what are we trading the T180 in for?

Regards Clare

Sorry for going Off topic

Hello.

I've posted here about the famous runflat issues before with my SR 180.

As a result earlier this year I purchased 4 Woolrace 18inch alloys and nice tyres to match. I now carry a run flat in the boot. The bloody low pressure light blinks away. My local Toyota dealer suggested putting the runflat valves in the new tyres to remedy this. ?????

Anyway I need to sell the car due to seperation. Thoughts please on the best way forward with this would be very much appreciated.

I will not be trading it in. I have no finance on the car , I need as much cash as possible.

Is it possible, how difficult do you anticipate my prospects of a cash sale.

It's a great car, especially with the new alloys, looks fabulous.

Oh and how do I get rid of that flashing low light sensor.

I appreciate any comments and your thoughts,

Thankyou

Gary.

Have sent you a PM Gary, as I too am selling my SR180.

Big Kev

Sorry about you situation, been there done that and hope to never go through it again.

There are 2 ways to sell a car, a private sale through various methods of advertisments, ebay autotrader pistonheads etc or sell it to the trade, if you want a no fuss quick sale, then this is worth looking at. A trade sale will avoid the costs of the various adverts which can be £50 plus each and the various tyre kickers phoning late at night just as your dropping off, however you will take a hit in your pocket.

Start of with a valuation from the likes of we buy any car, they will offer you £500 ish below bottom book,if you can stand the pain of that offer, you can then phone your local auction for a valuation you can place a reserve, cars are doing good money at auction just now but check out the fees you would need to pay on the sale, then run round a few dealers, they need cars on the forecourt and can some times pay strong money for a clean car they will be looking to pay bottom book so that will be their starting bid.

If you are looking at a private sale you will get more money this way but it will cost you for most adverts, the free papers and sites like gumtree area waste of time, they are full of cars because they are free.

I would hang on for as long as you can and then try a well written advert in autotrader once the winter starts the 4x4 market picks up.

Kenny

Couldnae disagree further on one of your well made points, Kenny........"we devalue any car dot crap." They are obviously well trained comedians.....

Big Kev

There are 2 ways to sell a car, a private sale through various methods of advertisments, ebay autotrader pistonheads etc or sell it to the trade, if you want a no fuss quick sale, then this is worth looking at. A trade sale will avoid the costs of the various adverts which can be £50 plus each and the various tyre kickers phoning late at night just as your dropping off, however you will take a hit in your pocket.

Kenny

Couldnae disagree further on one of your well made points, Kenny........"we devalue any car dot crap." They are obviously well trained comedians.....

Big Kev

I used these guys when I sold my LC4: www.nationalcarbuyer.co.uk .

They offered an acceptable price after a detailed telephone interrogation and in the end the final price when they saw the car only dropped £75 to allow for some hedge-inflicted scratches in the paintwork. There were no added costs and they came to my home to collect the car. They were decent chaps, certainly way better than the others referred to.

Worth a call at least.

I was looking for a top range Rav a few weeks ago and saw quite a few T180/SR180's for sale. Only problem I was put off by the Runflats, engine problems, DMF and DPF. So in the end I got a XT5 petrol and very happy with it.

+1 for eBay, i've sold all mine ok with them.

Hi Simon, what are we trading the T180 in for?

Regards Clare

Sorry for going Off topic

I was going to get a Verso, but when I test drove it, I didn't like it! Not sure why. It just didn't click with me. My wife has just recently bought a new shaped Meriva, and wanted me to get a Zafira. I wasn't too keen, but after test driving one, thought it was OK, and better thanb the Verso to drive. It's only a 1.7 cdti (110ps), but it felt more powerful than the 2.0 d4d (125ps). So, I let her decide, and I'm having a Zafira! The kids also wanted me to get the Zafira for some reason. It was better than her other suggestion of a Renault Scenic. As you may have noticed, they are all 7 seaters. She wanted me to get one, after she traded her VW Touran for her Meriva. Otherwise, I think I would have got an Avensis Tourer. I still may regret letting her decide, as I don't feel excited about getting the Zafira. It's a nice enough car, in Elite spec, but it's not a Toyota!

Has anyone tried Suresell? Honest John of Telegraph fame recommends it but as far as I can see it is just sending it to auction -am I missing something?

I was looking for a top range Rav a few weeks ago and saw quite a few T180/SR180's for sale. Only problem I was put off by the Runflats, engine problems, DMF and DPF. So in the end I got a XT5 petrol and very happy with it.

+1 for ebay, i've sold all mine ok with them.

No runflats on mine Steve.....no engine problems after 2009 reported......no DMF failures with 4.3's to my kennage.......DPF problems can be avoided by using decent diesel and a wee clean noo and then........:thumbsup:

big Kev

The person who buys yours Kev will drop right on his feet. He/she will however only be able to look at it on a sunny day with a welding mask to avoid getting red eye.

The person who buys yours Kev will drop right on his feet. He/she will however only be able to look at it on a sunny day with a welding mask to avoid getting red eye.

Polaroids all part of the sale......400+ hits / 9 watchers (10 of whom from this forum LOL )

Polaroids all part of the sale......400+ hits / 9 watchers (10 of whom from this forum LOL )

Do those polaroids come with a Polo shaped rubber cushion or are you just throwing in the ointment Kev :huh:

Kev,just tell the would be's not to worry as I get redeye lots of times on my photies and the doc gives me a course of photoshop.

:doctor::yucky:

Clears it up in no time

Del

Do those polaroids come with a Polo shaped rubber cushion or are you just throwing in the ointment Kev :huh:

YE KEN FINE WHERE YE CAN STICK THAT CREAM, DEE......:thumbsup: